London's Wife: Family Served with Cease & Desist

6/20/2010 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_jeremy_london_getty_exThe wife of Jeremy London tells TMZ the actor's mother, brother and his brother's girlfriend have all been served with cease and desist notices in order to keep them from talking about Jeremy's ongoing kidnapping case.

London told police earlier this month that he was kidnapped at gunpoint in Palm Springs, and forced to do drugs. One suspect was arrested, but two more are still at large.

Now London's wife Melissa tells TMZ she's nervous that Jeremy's family has been talking about the case to various media outlets -- thinking that the family blabbing to the media would somehow hamper the case.

Jeremy's rep tells TMZ lawyers for Jeremy served the family members with cease and desist letters on Friday night.

Observer999

This is strange... what gives him the right to do this?

awards

Smells funny...ewwwww!

Horndog

Who?

UNKNOWN

I'VE SEEN HIM SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE LAST COUPLE WKS. INTIALLY WHEN I HEARD ABOUT ACTOR KIDNAPPINGI WASN'T SURE WHAT WAS GOING ON AS I HEARD IT IN THE BACKGROUND FROM MY TELEVISION, AND THEN THOUGHT TO MYSELF HEY I KNOW MR. LONDON IS ALWAYS STAYING IN PALM SPRINGS. WEIRD SCENARIO, STILL CONFUSED ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING

Bulgarian BeeGee

His acting career got a cease and desist order years ago.

UNKNOWN

well his brother Jason is more well known for his acting. Jermey seemed pretty laid back and a cool guy

Bulgarian BeeGee

His brother Jason's acting career also received a cease and desist order.

UNKNOWN

Yes! You don't hear too much about him, but hey I can still enjoy some of his movies...

UNKNOWN

Anyhow, so does anyone know what this how thing is all about? I've had first hand interaction with them on differnet occassions recently.

Bulgarian BeeGee

UKNOWN, you are making me look bad here with all my London Brother bad mouthing. I just sent myself a cease and desist letter on all London Brother bad mouthing. Much respect for your positivity.

Cate

I'm sorry but who kidnap's someone in order to make them do drugs?? Just smells a little bit like a really big excuse to me. But I suppose he could be legit. It just doesn't make enough sense...even for criminals. They'd be more likely to rob him for the money to buy the drugs.

UNKNOWN

Haha! my bad no intentions. This story is just strange to me. Not giving Mr. London any Academy or Emmy shot outs. You made well points, but from what I've seen the story is a little fishy and Mr. London def seems like a LAID BACK free spirited guy in person if you catch my drift.

Bulgarian BeeGee

It happens more than you think Cate. Last week I was forced to leave early from work, drink 12 beers with friends, and go to a strip club. It's a sick sick world we live in.

Criss

Was he the one in Mallrats or was that his brother?

UNKNOWN

Yes that was him, awesome movie by the way

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments