Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

dd

Dear Mother Katherine, Michael learned his kind ways from you, you are doing the right thing let the kids mourn in their own way. It is time to begin the healing process and they need to do this in peace without a house full of people. You know exactly what to do, God Bless You!

whazzup

second!!!

you know it

that is just so sweet to hear about the kids. So heart wrenching about the pics of Michael on the wall but understood. This is their way of dealing with his passing. This shows that they are normal kids and they miss him so much. Bless you all.

Quiet

Poor Kids.. Sad.

magnolia

so he was a loving child predator. i am not impressed.

Proud2bBlack

Katherine, you were the best mother YOU knew how to be. People should stop trying to make her feel bad about her son. This woman sacrificed her son to the world. We all enjoyed, and looked forward to hearing and seeing her son. And for that she deserves respect and privacy. She truly misses her son. I feel so sorry for the children, they are taking this really hard it seems even a year later. Which truly indicates how much of a wonderful and darling father he really was to those kids. Most people move on with their lives within a year of losing a close loved one. Not to say those people loved any less, but this has to be absolutely devastating for those 3 children.

R.I.P. Michael

TV Gord

Michael always whined about not having a normal childhood, but did he try to provide a normal life for his children? No. They were trotted out in masks and burqas and isolated from anything that was normal. He was a freak, and now, when the children have a chance at a normal life, they are still being treated as though they are supposed to remain isolated from the world. Katherine and Joe raised a supremely dysfunctional family, and it shows no signs of ending...

really?

For almost a year they have continuously said that the kids are doing fine and have a normal life; now all of a sudden they are lonely and miserable?

awards

Years of therapy in their future...

dd

TV Gord where did she say she is going to keep them isolated, they are starting school in September (TRY READING FIRST).

Alexis

So are the pictures on her wall of him BEFORE all the surgeries or AFTER?

nita

They dont need any! Let them play with each other. Friends are hard to find.

dd

Oh I see this is going to be another long negative day, the kids are leading a normal life, yes their life has changed forever, humans do get lonely and I am sure they have some depression without their dad, where is the lie here? @8 You never heard Katherine talk about the kids before, so you believe everything you read. What did you expect them to bury their father and start partying..give me a break!

Yeah, I said it.

#13 "Friends are hard to find"

You don't have any friends, do you? Be honest, TMZ is your only friend, isn't it?

NeverMind

Just read the Daily mirror interview... Sad. Looks like Katherine is one of those people unable to face brutal reality.
Hope that she has good advisors on how to bring up these kids. Isolation and denial are not the answer. One day they will have to step out and face the society.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments