Fans Pitch a Tent for 'Twilight: Eclipse' Premiere

6/22/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The "Eclipse" premiere isn't until Thursday night, but rabid "Twihards" were already camped out at the Nokia Plaza in downtown Los Angeles on Monday.

0622_twilight_fan_photo

Who wouldn't wait over 72 hours to get a far and blurry pic of Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner for their Facebook?

The Professor

They need some kegs!

Kayan Phoenix

Man can u imagine if they got to meet one of the actors, i would be paranoid about not having showered for 3 days, but i guess they don't care LOL oh well, hope they have fun

boobymanz

"how do they "use the bathroom" and shouldnt they be in school?"

Today is June 22. It's summer vacation time. Aren't the only people still in school the ones on the east coast? I'm also surprised at the comments here (in a good way). I expected the comments to be a bunch of "twilight rules!!!!!!!!!" crap. I was ready to call out the hypocrisy in defending the twiTARDS (not twihards),yet making fun of those people who camped out for Episode 1 of Star Wars.

Ghislain Girard

Title typo | Premeire ... Premiere

Laura

It's a movie people!!! Buy a ticket!!!

sib

As lame and pathetic as it may be, this is definitely devotion at it's finest.

David

That's what twilight fans normally are..Fat homely looking preteens. Every single one of them is single. Twihards are the female version of a trekkie or starwars geek..LOL, People should get a life. Why would anyone in their right mind camp out like that to see a BAD movie?

Uh

A bunch of fat cows waiting to see a fictional movie...Why not save their money and go for a walk? Besides, who wants do know more about General McChrystal when such an important newsworthy event (werewolves versus vampires) is about to take place. Don't forget your popcorn and bon-bons "ladies."

Strawberrygirl

TMZ /Harvey.... If you need a spell checker (since computer spell check obviously doesn't work for you)...I'm available...!!!!!

Premiere!

Karen

I walked by that last night on the way to the L.A. Film Festival, and I couldn't believe the tent city they had set up. I snapped a photo but wasn't able to do it justice. The best part about all of it is that the film festival has said the premiere is INVITE ONLY, there will be no advance or rush tickets available. So these females (almost exclusively) are spending 4 days camping out just to see Pattinson, Stewart and Lautner walk by them and wave.

As for the restroom question, the Starbucks in the L.A. Live complex is being very generous to them and allowing them to use their restroom. I'm sure the other restaurants in the complex are probably doing the same. There's an ESPN Zone right next to the tent city, I'm sure it's easy to walk in there and use the bathroom without anyone really noticing or caring.

Sarah

Hey TMZ,

"Fans Pitch a Tent for 'Twilight: Eclipse' Premeire"

You might want to use spell check before you upload new content on a national site.

500MZ

I before E except after C.

JLS

Who cares? I don't care about this franchise or the fans who are decades young for considering. Just a non-story to me.

JLS

I think all of you who hang on one misspelled word need something larger to focus on. Sheesh! How petty ! ! ! !

happy

Why would their parents allow them to camp out for that many days? They are probably using public bathrooms but the whole concept of camping out to see any movie much less one as second rate as this twilight series is, is baffling. Has the female gender become so desperate for an object of affection that it comes to this? This Pattinson person is absolutely one of the most homely men I have ever seen, and the Stewart girl has the personality of a slug. Why are they popular? Probably because they really do act like brain dead vampires.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments