Michael Jackson -- The Final TMZ Encounter

6/25/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The last time we shot Michael Jackson, he was leaving Dr. Arnie Klein's offices in Beverly Hills just two weeks before he died ... and assured us that he would be able to moonwalk at his scheduled London concerts.

At the time -- June 9, 2009 -- no one could anticipate the tragedy that would follow ... nor the massive investigations involving practically everyone connected to the singer.

As for our last encounter with Michael, he was his usual kind self -- more than willing to talk to his fans ... and in this case, he even gave the photogs an update on his health status, saying he was feeling "good."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Trish

Hey OhWell, thats cool your going boating. We are going out Sunday if its not windy.

Trish

I think the MJ fans all cried themselves to sleep. Tomorrow, will be a happier day.

Trish

I guess you won't be jumping in. LOL... The water here at Lake Mead is 72 degrees. Maybe when you and Deb get together. You and her could drive down to Vegas. You both can check out Lake Mead.

Trish

I'm really happy for you both. New beginnings. My husband and I have been together for 9 years and it has been the best 9 years.

Trish

You and Deb should stop in Vegas and get married. Its a piece of cake to get married here. Then we could meet. It would be fun. Vegas is cool.

Trish

Run it by the boss. You guys can meet my family. My world is pretty cool.

iFart

27. One year ago I came to TMZ at the shocking news of MJ's death. Just two days earlier I was looking up one of my favorite songs "Ben" to listen to, seeing a picture of a young MJ in my mind's eye. Today I remember the child-man I grew up with. In my opinion he was a special person. One of a kind (almost angelic) but he didn't seem to know it. He was a gentle, kind person from the onset and a humanitarian. MJ lived in a world that most people couldn't comprehend. He was a hard worker from childhood and he really loved people regardless of color or status. He naively thought that people could love each other and overlook skin pigmentation just like Martin Luther King, among others. There's so much hate in the USA but MJ accomplished much. He bought people all over the world together. These people aren't remembering him just for the music as some think. He's remembered as a friend, a humanitarian and a loving person. He had his crosses to bear in this world and he had his enemies. It's to be expected but those of us that grew up with him don't know him in the evil and hateful terms people like to sprout. Songs like Ben, Heal the world, Will you be there show the essence of MJ. His true self. The media and sensationalism can never take that away. He was love. He was caring. He made mistakes, he suffered. He was HUMAN and he will always be in our hearts. R.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson. Bless your soul.

Posted at 9:57 AM on Jun 25, 2010 by wow

--------------------------------

Very nice post and so true! RIP MJ, I'll miss you forever.

Jeff

"Michael, can you still Moonwalk?" What a stupid question! Not to mention it's insulting.

Alice(from Romania)

estrelle

MICHAEL ESTA VIVO ASI DIGAN LO CONTRARIO, Y EL DE LA FOTO DE LA AMBULANCIA SE VE CLARAMENTE QUE ES LA TOYA QUE SE HACE PASAR POR MICHAEL,EL ESTA VIVO YESO ES UNA REALIDAD TODA LAS PERSONAS ASU ALREDEDOR LO SABEN INCLUSO SU FAMILIA.

estrelle