Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

cali

Robin hasnt received her divorce settlement yet.
She'll say anything until the check clears

Miss Cali

Idiot - it's called age. It will happen to all of us..unless you pump your face full of ****e like the rest of anyone 35+ in Hollywood.

jj

I personally have known Robyn for several years and she is very well respected and an honest person. She is a very good person and I don't think she would lie because Mel is her gravy train. I believe that Mel was not physically abusive to her and her kids throughout her relationship with him. Don't you think you would've heard about it in the gossip news. Oksana is the bad apple here

pam

oh yeah another motive for robyn to lie for ole mel is the fact robyn would NEVER want to see oskana get her hands on mels/robyns money. mel could be sued in a civil matter after this - already 5 million spent on oksana. why would robyn want mel to shl out another 25 million on money she deems his hers? remember they own many properties and are business partners on some production company.

robyn is a door mat that we don't really see much of these days. most woman would be like oksana and kick mel's loser arse to the curb

Mark

Whom shall we believe? Robyn or the married-to-several-wealthy-men, took-their-money gold digger?

I believe Robyn.

nightshirt

wonder how much she is getting paid for her declaration

Miss Cali

Kim - I agree.

Also, how does she have residency here? Was this child also her anchor baby along with meal ticket?

Dani

To Cindy,

I am really shocked by how many Mel Gibson fans and supporters who don't know more about Mel Gibson and his faith/religion and his views on such things as birth control and abortion.

Mel has been very vocal about these issues in the past and yet, a lot of you are so quick to blame Oskana here.

First, Mel Gibson DOES NOT believe in birth control.

Second, Mel Gibson DOES NOT believe in abortion.

Why do you think he has so many children? Please, before judging anyone here, read up on your beloved actor and his faith before blaming a woman for getting "pregnant" in this case! It sickens me that you (and you know who you are) are so quick to blame her when it's HIM!!! Actually, I'm wrong, it's BOTH!!! It's NOT HER FAULT ALONE FOR GETTING PREGNANT AND IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR BELOVED MEL, YOU WOULD KNOW THIS!!!

CINDY

One thing I like about those tapes is that he calls her out for what she is: a c**** a whor** a gold digger, but he forgot to call her a "piece of S***". Maybe in the next tape!!

Mel

Sweatheart, be my love, be my next baby mama. I promise to buy you a house, shower you with my love and money, I promise to get drunk, knock your teeth out and verbally abuse you.

IOWN YOU, YOU STUPID COW! DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND TAKE IN THE A**, YOU KNOW YOU LIKE IT THAT WAY!!

If this agrees with you please contact my lawyers so they can setup a meeting between us.

Mel

Kim

Miss Cali

Good point.

Miss Cali

It's weird how 1 or 2 posters here want Robyn and her kids to have been abused by Mel, claiming she is lying. Weird.

Jen

After listening to this lunatic on those tapes I can only imagine how crazy his soon to be ex wife is for staying with him all those years. Who cares what he did before, he is now obviously unstable. Besides he's her meal ticket, she lives a privledged lifestyle thanks to Mel. Any man who raises a hand to a woman who is physically holding his child is not a man at all. They better punish him for this, he's completely unstable and thinks he's above others, he is not god.

areyoukiddingme

jj The posters here will find an ulterior motive in anything anybody does. They are a shady bunch. I believe his wife as well. But maybe his illness has become more severe over time. Blaming Oksana for HIS mental illness reminds me of how society used to blame parents for having autistic children. It's nonsense.

Fina

Bull!!! You don't become abusive and a batterer over night. I don't believe her even if her tongue came notarized!!