Poison

7/19/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bell Biv DeVoe (now in their early 40s) resurfaced at a NYC concert this weekend, looking snazzy.

0719_memba__reveal
Their first album "Poison" is credited with ushering in the "New Jack Swing" sound of the early '90s.

BBD's last album came out in 2001.

It's me snitches!

LOVE THEM!!!! STILL LOOK GOOD AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! A SHAME THAT DIDDY RUINED THEIR REUNION ALBUM W/THE REST OF NEW EDITION.

Murderface

Now we just need to find out what Another Bad Creation looks like all grown up lol.

J

Somone should tell TMZ that Bell Biv Devoe did not start the new jack swing with their Poison album but rather it was Guy with their self tilted debut album from 1988 which then led to Wrex n Efect's debut of the song New Jack Swing all produced by Teddy Riley.

Barbarascy

Looking good.

C-Note

Hey J, you know your stuff!!!New Jack movement was the ish back in the day. Do you remember Redhead KingPin, that one jam he had was the bomb!!! The good ol days!!!

NY

never trust a big butt and a smile...lol

Dan

Jay, check out Another Bad Creation all grown up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3kRb2u_W5U

TMZ, BBD's Poison album came out 3 years after New Jack Swing was introduced to the world via Keith Sweat's "Make It Last Forever" album and the Guy debut album. And the first New Jack Swing album to be a huge, crossover success was Bobby Brown's "Don't Be Cruel" which came out 2 years before Poison. It went 6x platinum by the time Poison came out (7x platinum now). Poison reached 4x platinum in 1995 after the New Jack Swing era faded away. (NOTE: U.S. sales data retrieved from riaa.com).

It's amazing how often I cringe when I read some of the inaccurate statements printed on TMZ.com.

Stephanie

These are my Guys right here. But my favorite is Mr Devoe.. They are handsome talented brothers. Always look forward to seeing them when they come to chicago

keisha

New Jack swing was Teddy Riley and his slew of artists not BBD. Get the facts together

MONIQUE

Always love this group.Ronnie was the one that got my pantie wet.

Blakescat

Just wanted to say they haven't resurfaced like this week! They have been touring for almost 2 years now. Just Saying! Oh and they Rocked it Friday Night! They do they thing!

DaVon

These guys are legendary. I've been following this group from they're New Edition days. They and fellow counterparts " Heads of State " which features NE members; Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant, and Johnny Gill have been touring together and separate for a few years now. Hope to hear new music from all members. And no, New Jack Swing was Teddy Riley and his crew. BBD and many others adopted the style/sound and helped further push it mainstream. Keep us up to date. Thanks.

ChorizoSupreme

How can I forget? I still have their song playing in my head.... "You can do me in the morning. You can do me in the night. You can do me when you want.....Do me baby!
How about "I want to sex you up," by Color Me Bad... Where did those guys end up?
Brings me back to the good-all days. And what do we have now?...Lady Gaga and Teenage Bieber. Damn, these are some f***ed up times we have here!

EDITA ON STEROIDS