« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terrell Owens -- I'd Cut My Salary in Half for Cincy

7/27/2010 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Still unemployed wide receiver Terrell Owens told us just how far he'd cut his salary to play for the Cincinnati Bengals - saying he'd play for "half" of what he made last year with the Buffalo Bills.

We spoke to T.O. yesterday in L.A. - and he told us he definitely wants to play for a contender (and alongside his buddy Chad Ochocinco) -- but the money's got to be right too.  Owens made $6.5 million last year in Buffalo.

As TMZ first reported on Friday - T.O. remains very close to a deal with the Bengals, and if the two sides can agree on money he could be in Cincy for the start of training camp on Thursday.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BallaBlocka

Just as I suspected, him and OchoBuffoono got something going on the DL.....

Almost

This dudde isn't even that good! He better off on Reality TV

KellyR

Oh God, Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens on the same team ? I think that may be a little too much ego on one team, the universe might implode LOL

ice33

He would take half the money because he knows he sucks now and thats all he deserves.

dman

Let's see. He is currently unemployed, so his salary is $0. He said he would cut his salary in half. $0 divided by 2 is $0. Which is exactly what I would pay him if I owned a football team.

mike

"I would play for half my salary" ???? Dude you are unemployed, you dont have a salary!!!!! All the owners in the league dont think you are worth the time/effort/money to offer a contract to. Talk about an ego. This guy still thinks he can command top dollars. There is a reason you are unemployed right now T.O., because your best years are behind you!!! Tell me T.O. what is half of zero???

TMZgossip

@ BallaBlocka
how is it on the "DL" when both are discussing it openly.
Mike Brown is discussing it openly
Carson Palmer is discussing it openly

$3 M for a starting WR is not a lot of money in NFL terms

THIN LIZZY

Hope you saved your money dummy!!

2TELLTHETRUTH

he just wants to be with his homy Ochocinco

KellyR

@ TMZ Gossip: I think he was making a "gay" reference, not talking about football discussions... Geez, I thought YOU would know that LOL

BallaBlocka

Thanx for explaining my comment, KellyR....

lori

This next part is a lie......YES A LIE............

Jake

The only way the Bengals and Owens are "very close" to a deal is if he is ready to move off his demand of about 3.2 down to about 2.0 plus incentive clauses. The only way Mike Brown will sign him is if he feels like he's getting a Goodwill thrift-store kind of a deal. That's just how he rolls.

its me

The Bengals once again missed the boat. The Bengals need a difference maker. T O is no longer a differnce maker. Brandon Marshall is the stud they needed to take them to another level. T O will not make the bengals a better team.

D.Porras

TERRELL JUST WANTS TO RIDE ON CHADS COATTAILS.....T.O IS DONE NO TEAM WANTS HIM, HE IS NOT A TEAM PLAYER! T.O JUST ATTACHED HIMSELF TO CHAD JUST LIKE A BOTTOM FEEDER...CHAD OPEN UR EYES T.O WILL BRING YOU DOWN. CUT THE STRING FOR UR OWN GOOD, HE IS JUST JEALOUS OF UR PERSONALITY AND SPORTSMANSHIP....

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments