Sinatra Jr.'s Son Hospitalized After 'Suicide Attempt'

8/2/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the reclusive 32-year-old son of Frank Sinatra Jr. is currently hospitalized after authorities responded to a 911 call for a possible suicide attempt this afternoon in Downey, CA.

Frank Sinatra Grandson Suicide Attempt
According to law enforcement sources, the patient -- who is also named Frank and is the son of 66-year old Frank Jr. (above) -- had consumed too many pills, but was conscious when authorities arrived on the scene.

A source close to the family tells TMZ it was indeed a "suicide attempt." We're told the younger Sinatra has always shunned the spotlight that's come with the family name.

Sinatra is currently being treated in the ER at Downey Regional Medical Center.

Muppet

I hope he finds peace and happiness as well.

george clooney

I pray for this young man that he will ask Jesus Christ into his life and seek his Glory. Jesus is the way. God Bless!

Broeheem

I dunno.... if I were named after my father - who was named after his father (and who knows how many more times that stupid tradition has been repeated), I might wanna log off too.

What a bunch of narcissists. C'mon, can't you come up with ANY other name but "Frank"? Go to the library and check out the book.... you know, the one with 5,000 different names.

Mokie

First of all, he's not a young man... HELLO...HE'S 66 YEARS OLD! Downey? Connect the dots folks.

awards

Did he do it His Way?

kr

Mokie HIS father is 66, he's 32 lol

Aly

I think the confusion stems from the picture as that man looks 66, not 32. I don't think it's really the 32 year old that's pictured...unless he's had a really really hard life.

Aly

Although I guess they'd put the son (pictured) instead of the son of FS Jr (pictured) in that case but I get the confusion.

Diane S.

Mokie - What do you mean about Downey? Is it a bad place, or what? Thanks.

Mokie

Diane...Downey is a small town about 10 miles south-east of Los Angeles. If you visit L.A. stay away from east LA and south LA...and stay clear of south-east LA. However, I'm a snob from west LA and we look down on anybody who lives east of Sepulveda.

xd

Frank Sinatras grandson is the one hospitalized. It very well could have been accidental when it comes to taking pills. Never mix them with anything including alcohol.

chaz

He's now in the spotlight that he always shunned. Hmm!

Dave

People who REALLY want to kill themselves, get it done. People who don't, typically go through several, or many, "attention getting" attempts.

janja

well they are looking every year for new cast mates on another celeb rehab! I mean you have the now regulars but a frank jr.. I'm sure he's going to want to be there.

Mee

I think their both stuck developmentaly.

Like father like son. They need psych help (to become unstuck/Erickson's) so they can move on in life (maybe)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments