« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roger Huerta on Street Fight - 'I Got the Better of Him'

8/5/2010 2:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just spoke with Roger Huerta -- the former UFC fighter involved in a bloody street fight in Texas this weekend -- who tells us he only got violent ... after the other guy swung at him.

080510_roger_huerta
In a phone conversation just moments ago, Huerta told us he tried to remain calm early Saturday morning when he watched some random "huge guy" punch a girl in the head in the middle of the street ... explaining, “I just don’t think that it's right to hit a woman.  Period.”

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did?  You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "F*ck you, f*ck these bitches, I'll knock out any f*ckin' bitch that I wanna f*ckin' knock out, I’ll knock your f*cking bitch ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

"I got the better of him and I left," Huerta said.

The 27-year-old explained, "If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone … I would’ve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.”

0805_huerta_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LIFE LESSON

YUP, Stop the guy,call the cops! Don't try to be Superman or Super Ninja!!

funny Roger...said " that could be someone's daughter "...

to Mr.ROGER "Why did you KO someone SON !?? "

-=-= MR.ROGER want to be hero, sorry you are only IDIOT =-=

poonhok

Unfortunately, it's a scene too often repeated: black punk hitting someone from behind, or worse yet, GROUPS of ignorant young black men ganging up on someone...this time, justice was done...I hope the girl-beater is in the Hospital....

Jason Hunt

Some ppl think it's carefully crafted publicity stunt..
And I think he did the right thing..but other don't really think that way..http://www.quextit.com/public/872/NVq9VqD77mJuBX

Gigi

Way to go!!!!!!!!!! That guy deserved every punch...screw him!

jhunter

Camera work was pathetic. but enough to understand this:

Roger not going to court over this. Idiots. think about it.

Fat ass black dude gonna cry to the cops and squeal while he was trying to hit some bitch?
His roomie did have the final blow.

In Texas, we dont allow that behavior. We also handle ourselves with out the assistance of the law. Its called, Act-right.

If I had seen this in person, I would have done worse. We carry around these parts

The Mac

Thats right Roger...I would have knocked his block off too. If that was my mother, sister or wife/girlfriend. Its god to see someone still has morals.

On the other side..it must have been nice to knock that big dumb bastid out..

COCO

Whether or not shes a chick and was in the street that dude was BIG and should have never swung at her like that im from the hood and i tell u wat i seen lil chicks with the biggest mouth that need to be knocked out but u get another chick to do it never should a man put his hands on a female but wat i do condone is shaking the crap of of her lmao yes i said it that big dude got wat was coming he lucky he just got knocked out and walked away come to the hood and hit a chick and u will be carried out NOTE TO ALL MEN OUT THERE NEVER HIT A CHICK ITS NOT WORTH IT SHAKE HER ASS UNCONTROLLABLY U WILL FEEL BETTER LOVE COCO

Heath

"I’ll knock your f*cking bitch ass out."
Who is the bitch ass now?
Huerta knocked his punk bitch ass out, mark.
Kudos to Roger.

The guy sucker punched the girl too, he wasn't even man enough to let her square up. Punk Bitch.

LIFE LESSON

-=-= MR.Roger Would you do that if the dude was Anderson Silva?=-=-

No, you won't...you are MMA...the other guy is not! litte *****!

Jill

Some of these comments make me sick. All you out there supporting the idiot who sucker punched the woman need to get your head out of your ass. Also the people bashing the UFC and MMA fighters over this are idiots. They are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet. This is an isolated incident.

This is simply a case of a stand up guy sticking up for a helpless woman, who was sucker punched by a guy. It frustrates me to no end all the comments about Roger needs to go to jail or be sued. Like he said if that was your mother, sister, wife or anyone I would hope someone would do something about it. Society sickens me to think people wouldn't do anything to that idiot punching the girl. People say he should have called the police and let them deal with it. Yeah, the police would give the guy a slap on the wrist and send him on his way to continue to punch women. The justice system is a joke. He got what he totally deserved. Justice was served the right way.

Roger, if you are reading this, you are a CLASS ACT, stand up guy and a true hero. You have gained many fans because of this incident.

hmmm strange

LIFE LESSON = woman beater

amy

I'm with #21. I hope the guy woke up in the hospital and got his a$$ kicked again as soon as he got out.

Glad to see some guys out there still balls and stand up for women!

TheRealJerseyShore

Oh Roger, way to try and back pedal but it won't help. I commend your intentions but you are a professional fighter and your hands and feet are basically deadly weapons and you should have never been involved AT ALL. You will all see Roger will definitely be arrested over this, even if the guy swung at him first, which probably didn't happen.

konaehukai

@#5

"All girls these days are never innocent. Birds of a feather flock together."

So in your neandrathal mind tit's okay to hit a chick. I hope that Roger or some other MMA dude is around.

Mark

Good for you, Roger! Thanks!