Michael Buble -- The Male Engagement Ring

8/10/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Bublé ain't waiting for his wedding to sport a ring on his finger -- the engaged singer is already sporting some hardware ... claiming it's a "tradition" in his fiancee's family.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt

Bublé-- who's been engaged to his Argentinian girlfriend Luisana Loreley Lopilato de la Torre since November -- explained to a crowd in Canada last night, "The boy also wears the engagement ring (in Argentina). That's what she tells me anyway."

So we gotta ask ...

moe l.

Are you sure it's not an Argentinian BOYfriend? I believe that's why he's wearing the ring; he's the female in this relationship.

Ana

Im from Argentina, its true, they both have to wear it. its a promise to each other.

Her name is shorter, with Luisana Lopilato its ok.

vareader

it is a for real custom cool guy for not trying to get out of doing it like some others would

Miamimimi

Not just in Argentina! In The Netherlands it is the same. But our engagement rings are usually also our wedding rings. They change from the left hand (engagement ring) to the right hand (wedding band). Sometimes Dutch couples even echange friendship rings, but those are not gold but usually silver. We Dutch girls don't get a diamand engagement ring but a simpler gold one which can be elaborated with a little stone when we get married, but that is not allways done

Dayse

What a sexist comment, Moe I. I'm a Brazilian woman, and here in Brazil (as well as in Argentina) guys really wear an engagement band in their RIGHT hand, changing this to their LEFT hand when they marry the fiancé. It means to tell the world that they have a serious relationship. I don't see any problem. Do you?

awards

Thought he was gay?

Rob

Have you seen his soon to be wife, WOW I would wear anything she wanted me to.

Rachel

I was at the concert in Ontario last night... you should have heard the "boos" when Michael brought up this fiance and the ring. There were alot of angry divorced 40 year old women.

your own luck

I used to be a huge fan, but now I am so over MB and his obnoxious, overinflated ego.

CJ

Wow can you say 'Whipped'? Didn't take that woman long.

c

Yeah, suuuure. Or the bi tch is insecure and needs the ring on him NOW

Karin

Hey C, trust me she doesn't need to put a ring on any guys finger. She is gorgeous, he should lock her up so no one can snatch her away from him. She could have any guy she wants.

Mary Ellen

I grew up in South America and it's true. At the engagement ceremony (a betrothal with a priest) both the bride and the groom get engagement rings. It is to show that you're committed and bethroded to another person.

Maria Lourdes

I'm from Argentina. In our country the two have promised the engagement ring. It is tradition of our country. Michael meets our usual, congratulations on that. Find out before you say too bad.

Mariluna

hi guys!
Its true, it is a tradition that the couple put engagement rings. It may be in an intimate moment, with only the partner or in the middle of a small party or family gathering. The rings are exchanged and, at the time of marriage, are replaced by wedding rings. Usually are engraved on the inside with the name of the other person and the date of commitment or marriage.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments