Dr. Ryan's Famous Friends -- Shock, Emotion

8/17/2010 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Frank Ryan's celebrity friends have already begun issuing statements on the tragedy -- from the people who went under his knife ... and the people who loved him.
tmzinmemoryof_frankryan_thumb

of Dr. Frank Ryan

Gene Simmons

"Dr. Ryan was a good man. Soft spoken, caring and professional. Our deep felt condolences to his family."

Vince Neil

"I'm deeply saddened and devastated at the news of the loss of my long time dear friend. He was a kind and generous man who touched many lives with his Bony Pony Ranch Foundation. He will be missed by many... especially me, his friend."

David Weintraub (Manager)

"I am shocked, saddened and numb in finding out about Dr. Ryan's passing. He was a truly one of a kind man who was so highly respected as a leader & innovator in his business. Frank was a GENIUS doctor and a giver to everyone around him. He was a man who lived life to the fullest and always had a smile on his face. There was not a thing that this man would not do to help someone in need. I cannot express what a loss this is to medical field and to the world this is. Frank was a beloved dear friend and client of mine for the last 8 years and I am going to miss him very much."

Sammy Phillips

"Dr. Frank and I co-hosted a radio show together for almost a year at 97.1, we were co-workers and good friends. He was one of the most respected surgeons in the celebrity community and was known widely for his philanthropic endeavors, namely his charity organization Bony Pony Ranch Foundation for kids. I am SOOOOO upset...how tragic and awful and sad!!! I am beside myself. I feel so bad for him, his dog, his mom. I can't even imagine what she's going through."

Charmaine Blake

"My first love is gone.Dr. Frank Ryan and I lived together on and off for 3 years from 2003-2006. We were in a serious relationship.He took care of me and everything. I don't know what to do, I am in shock.I have never loved anyone else. I am so sad, I can't stop crying."

Heidi Montag

"I am devastated to hear the news of Dr. Frank Ryan's death. He was the most amazing person I have ever known. He was an angel and changed my life and the lives of everyone he met. He was the most brilliant talented surgeon who will ever exist. Dr. Frank Ryan changed the world. My thoughts and prayers go out to his mother, family, friends, and anyone who was ever blessed enough to meet him. He is in a better place."

Brittny & Lisa Gastineau

"We are devastated. One of our best friends and surgeons that we trusted. We are blessed to have known him. An amazing human being. We are going to need some time to wrap our heads around this."

Janice Dickinson

"Janice is deeply deeply anguished!She is stunned and wants the world to know to know what a genius Dr Ryan was. He was a friend and my love goes out to his mother and the rest of the family."

Traci Bingham

“I’m completely sick over this as Dr. Frank Ryan was an incredible man and he touched the lives of so many people. We’ve been friends for many years, since the day I stepped foot in LA.The world will miss him. I love you Frank. “

Shayne Dahl Lamas-Richie

"My heart is in a million pieces as I learn the devastating news of my dear friend Frank Ryan’s death. I am confused on why a man of great stature and true genuine intentions for his work and charity work has been taken away from the people that appreciated it the most. The Bony Poney Ranch will live on and Hollywood will remember their #1 surgeon as my thoughts go out to his Mother at this time. My family and I will be mourning his shocking death. God you have Hollywood’s hometown hero and he will be missed."

TrixLaRue

Sorry this guy died but it says a lot about Hollywood that he gets this outpouring of public comments. Kind of sad that people are so hung up on the outside while the insides rot away.

Ziggy

He seemed like a nice guy. So sad he is gone. However, his patients look like they were slowly transforming into the Joker, each one of them.

South Beach

Sounds like Janice ****enson is speaking in the 3rd person. Think Janice has finally cracked.
This Dr has clearly helped many people in many ways and his untimely death is tragic. It usually is.

Gris

I didn't know Dr. Ryan. My condolences go out to his family. When I read some of the comments from his friends and patients, it makes me cringe to see such bad writing! Too bad Dr. Ryan didn't do brain transplants, a couple of his patients sound like they could use one.

isla73

Dr. Frank Ryan was a philanthropist trying to make the world a better place by donating his talents and services to underprivileged youth, not just the stars. Quite the classy guy, not pretentious, making a living and helping others. His ranch, www.bonyponyranch.com details his passion and heart for children and youth from tough backgrounds and his desire to give them a fresh start. God bless him, his family, and may his legacy continue.
From his website,
"The Dr. Frank Ryan Foundation is a philanthropic organization founded in 1994 by Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Frank Ryan. The mission of the foundation is to help underprivileged and underserved children and teens excel beyond their current situations and maximize their potential in life. The foundation accomplishes its goals in several ways: (1) by removing gang-related tattoos, birthmarks and scarring; (2) through leadership and life training workshops and seminars; and (3) through day camps and overnight camps at Malibu’s 26 acre Bony Pony Ranch."

Mary

Frank Ryan was a wonderful man.Always full of life,kindness,compassion.I feel so sad for him and his family and friends.God Bless him...

sean mccaffery

Dr. Frank Ryan was an incredible man! Thank you for all the work you did with the Children's Lifesaving Foundation and all the help you gave to children in need! You are an amazing soul and will be greatly missed! I had the honor of knowing him for many years! Rip Dr. Frank Ryan! I can't believe he's gone! My mom just spoke with him last week!

Sally

Not sure how credible this is, but I read (on another site) that investigators believe that Dr. Ryan was texting at the time he ran off the road -- they're saying this pic of the dog was tweeted at the time of the crash.. I'd wondered how one just "careens" off PCH unless there was a precipitating event of some sort. So tragic, so young, and seems like he was such a nice guy.

yola

You wanna know what they need to do to honor him? fix that F*cking HIGHWAY! If you know the PCH everyone is TERRIFIED of driving through there. So many twist and curves and people are surprised? honor him by changing that looney tunes looking highway! >:(

Debra Andreadis

anyone who has nothing but nasty crap to say about someone who has died has serious psychological issues....the only reason im on this site is because i saw a dog was in a car accident, and that a famous plastic surgeon was involved....so i looked into it. who cares who or why he did cosmetic surgery, he sounds like a very decent person and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Hadley

I am so sorry for this incredible loss. Dr. Ryan seemed like an exceptional person. May God Bless him and Keep him in his presence. Condolences to his family, friends and his dog he trult adored!!!

canook

Sally
"investigators BELIEVE"???

so it is not PROVEN that dr Ryan was texting!!!

dr Ryan could be killed before car crash
dogs eyes and paw injurious are telling that this dog was protecting his master

was this doctor Oksana Grigorieva plastic surgeon?

Twila

Dr. Ryan was nothing shy of selfless. He dedicated his life to helping those in need, and was so very proud of the Bony Pony Foundation he created to help underpriviledged children. He changed the lives of so many of these children, including troubled teenagers who came there to better their future. He was truly one of the most beautiful human beings and friends I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I am so very deeply saddened. Dr. Ryan was the brother I never had. I loved him dearly and I will miss him so much.

cleo

It looks like he was the plastic surgeon to bimbos and old Hollywood hags and has beens. I'm sure they are already looking for their next nip and tucker.

Debra Andreadis

@ NUTJOBBER...NO. 4. what a sad, pathetic vile person you must be to be so nasty. shame on you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments