Randy Quaid -- My Bank Stole My Fortune

8/23/2010 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Quaid claims his most trusted financial advisors -- along with his bank -- conspired in a diabolical plot to steal his multi-million dollar fortune ... this according to a new lawsuit.

0823_randy_quiad_Ex_getty
Acting as his own attorney, Quaid filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court today, claiming he's lost more than $10 million in "loans I did not need or want" after his advisors forged his signature on key financial documents.

Long story short -- Quaid claims the advisors made fraudulent real estate loans with the help of City National Bank ... which has led to huge financial losses and big trouble with the I.R.S.

Quaid also claims his financial people stole several paychecks from his work on high profile Hollywood projects -- specifically an estimated $600,000 in royalty checks for his role in "Brokeback Mountain."

In the suit, Quaid does not specify how much he wants from the advisors and the bank -- but he implies that the number is astronomical.

dan the man

FIRST!!

Damn we can't even trust the banks anymore. What is the country coming to?

hfn

lol, i was out walking my dog one day and this lady unloaded a whole torrent of woes on my dog. this exact thing happened to her, darn bank! get this man a dog to talk to pronto, mine listened to the whole story and he did look like he really cared about the lady,lol.

TrixLaRue

COO COO.....COO COO...

awards

Dude,

Maybe time to go back to work! Please get a fancier old lady, seeing her is a bummer!

Andolini

It's called RESPONSIBILITY Randy ..You lost your money you and your wife.. With all that you have done with acting How could you be broke? Just 1 of those vacation movies should of set you up for life...I'm ashamed of you...Cousin Eddie!! Now I know why you were so believable!!

Zippy T. Pinhead

I agree with Mr. Quaid. I have read over the do***ents and found them to be both logical and with complete merit. Not to mention the fact that both I and Randy were abducted by aliens and anal probed by them for hours and then dropped off on top of the space needle in Seattle.

Greg

'forged his signature' Ya! right! He just didn't read what he was signing.

Majestik

Where's the lawsuit from him against his brother Dennis for stealing his limelight and being their parents favorite son?

PhilipMarkum

*** MAYBE HE SHOULD OPEN A HOTEL FOR A LIVING? ***

jackmama311

i think his wife should go back to modeling. (smirk)

FLO

City National Bank will sue him for every penny he has left for bad mouthing them.

emerald

Uh, No, No, Randy don't represent yourself in a court case - it always ends badly! Get someone who's studied law to represent you or you're going to end up looking like a lunatic and that's not good!! If they've really ripped you off then you're going to need more than your word, you're going to need do***ent forensic help and Randy that's how a lawyer can get you the help you need!! ESPECIALLY if the IRS is involved lol!!
I can't see the bank being involved and perhaps it's a smokescreen to divert the IRS from your ass with its snarling teeth!! Still financial advisers who are given this much power over celebs and millionaire business people's assets have proved before now just how easy it is to be ripped off!! It wouldn't be a first and it no doubt won't be the last - financial advisers can get access to your accounts far too easily which is why you NEVER, EVER trust anyone with all your banking information!! If you've got millions and you need financial advisers make sure they don't have all your asset information and stick some in different bank accounts they can't find out about or raid!!! Then if they do stiff you, you're whole life savings hasn't been flushed down the toilet and you haven't lost everything!!
It's easy to be talked into loans and shares when you've got someone telling you you'll save money, make more money and come out laughing! The reality is the loans have often got crippling interest rates and the more you borrow the more the interest is, shares fail especially in this financial climate and no bank is really safe from going into liquidation itself!! They confuse you with jargon and figures until your poor little head's
reeling!

naplessell

BOA - those fees add up quick!

Carvey

If he wasn't roaming around the country shafting hotels I might believe the guy. But in light of his actions I am not buying his story. Not that I don't think banks are capable of doing such things, but rather I believe Randy is just using this as an excuse for his dead-beat ways.

BallaBlocka

Randy, you're broke because you are the UGLY Quaid brother! You got even uglier as you aged, and now, nobody wants to cast you in a movie anymore. The well dried up. Tough break, brother...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments