Joe Jackson -- Dr. Murray Held MJ Drug Intervention

8/25/2010 12:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson has re-filed his wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray -- and now claims Dr. Murray and AEG staged an intervention with Michael Jackson one week before he died.

0825_joe_conrad_EX_TMZ_02

According to the new documents, Dr. Murray and representatives from AEG went to Michael Jackson's home on N. Carolwood Drive on June 18, 2009 -- and said they were there for a "drug intervention."

The suit claims during the meeting AEG demanded Michael "stop seeing Dr. Arnold Klein and stop taking the drugs Klein gave to him." They wanted Michael to "take only the medications being given to him by Conrad Murray."

According to the suit ... the intervention was intended to get Michael to adhere to Dr. Murray's drug regimen so he could get more sleep.  AEG thought Michael was missing rehearsals because of medications from Dr. Klein and other doctors.

The suit also alleges that in the days leading up to Michael's death it was apparent he was getting weaker and weaker, at times seeming "drugged and disoriented."

big nuts

Catfish garbage boy.

Siggisiss

Maybe, but Michael has been going to Klein since the early 80s. Was he drugging him up way back then too? I guess I'm trying to figure out why Michael chose Klein in the first place all those years ago. Surely there were other dermatologists in the area who didn't come across so...creepy.

Posted at 12:07 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Cathy

He wasn´t so creepy back then, Arnie Parnie. And he probably is/was a skilled dermatologist.
Quite frankly, these days Arnie comes across as not "quite with it."
Whether it is caused by inner demons or by something "ingestible", if you get my drift, I don´t know.

moni

Please help me with the understanding of this story. These questions are meant seriously, not ironically, it's maybe my lack of English skills which make me ask for explanation:
Why is the mentioned intervention proof for Murray's misdemeanor? What is it that Joe wants to say – that AEG was aware of the drug problems, but had trusted in Murray's methods to solve them, and that they had condemned him for acting as another drug enabler?
I can see that this story incriminates KLEIN – no surprise, didn't some dancers state they would have a look at TMZ on their mobiles, and when they saw pictures of Michael coming out of Klein's surgery they knew he wouldn't show up for rehearsals? Cathy, I agree, this man must have injected Michael for years. My guess is even that he was the one who taught Murray in administering Propofol.
So, once again: I understand why this story blames Klein. But why is it a proof for Murray's wrongdoing? Thank you...

Barb.A.

Shaking my head while SCREAMING.

If Joe is not careful he is going to be the cause of Murry getting off on some technical term.

aston

Now we maybe we're getting somewhere. But why is this coming from Joe Jackson? What is the prosecutor doing?

Did AEG know what Dr Murray's "drug regimen" contained?

What was Murray's purpose?

According to this, AEG knew that Michael had more insomnia problems than usual. Why didn't they, or Murray, cancel rehearsals and get him into a sleep deprivation clinic?

Don't forget that even without other drugs, every session with propofol could end in death.

And: Murray must have known about Michael's bad lungs (chronically inflamed) - another reason not to play with any drug depressing breathing.

Both Murray AND AEG knew that Michael's health was faltering.

Em

Will we ever know the honest-to-God truth? Doubtful. Is Joe still hunting money for himself? Possibly. Is Joe seeking justice for his son? Y'know what? I do believe so. Not sure Michael Jackson should be called an addict; unfortunately I believe he was dependent on drugs to "cure" whatever ailed him at the moment (physically and mentally/emotionally) but I honestly don't think he was on a steady diet of prescriptions - even though they were obviously readily available to him. (And it is interesting that Tohme Tohme just kinda melted into the background.) The only thing I can say for sure is that it was a sad sad day when we lost Michael Jackson - and we're only just now finding out the extent of his brilliance and generosity.

MJFan

#68 you are out of your mind if you think Joe isn't in it for the $$$

He NEVER cared about Michael - only what he could get out of him. Why do you think Michael left Joe out?

Why do you think Joe is divorcing Katherine? So he can get spousal support. That's the only way Katherine can share with him the money she gets from Michael's estate and escape the provisions of Michael's will.

It's all a con job with the fans. Follow the money trail and you'll find Joe and the rest of the siblings at the end of the trail.

aston

Moni, it incriminates Murray because it shows that he was aware of Michael being prone to use other drugs than he prescribed, and thus should have been more careful.

But even so, I can't see that this changes very much. According to the autopsy, Michael only had in his body what Murray had given him, and he still died. The controversy is about the amount of propofol, which was the immediate cause of death. Murray says he only gave a little bit of that drug. It still doesn't get him off the hook though even if it's true, because he should have been present in the room at all times, stopping anyone else from injecting more propofol.

No one took responsibility - Ortega, AEG and Murray, they all just gambled on Michael pulling it off. And as time went on with less and less sleep, and his own hope to miraculously manage, Michael lost the energy and ability to save himself.

Siggisiss

Posted at 12:27 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by moni

Last part of "article" above:
"The upshot of the lawsuit -- the intervention and general concern over MJ's drug use is proof Dr. Murray had no business administering Propofol and other drugs to the singer and that Dr. Murray knew he was playing with fire."

That´s it. You are right, it doesn´t exactly PROVE anything, but we don´t know the details.
In any case, Murray continued administering drugs to an aledged drug addict and AEG kept paying. At least it is proof that both parties KNEW there was a problem-

That is how I interpret it. But I am just another foreigner...

_____________________________________________________________________

Siggisiss - Arnie just makes my skin crawl. I cringe when I start to imagine what he might have done to Michael in that office when Michael was "under". ughh!

Posted at 12:15 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Cathy

CATHY!!! - gawd, I never thought about that. He hasn´t exactly proven to be discreet or a good friend after Michael´s passing. After his bizarre stories, I wouldn´t put anything past him!
But I don´t really want to think about it!

Marie

Poor Michael Jackson.Nobody tried to help him the last days of his life.Instead they controlled him with drugs so he would sign deals and make concerts.Now that he is dead,nobody can hurt him or abuse him no more.If AEG or Dr. Murray or Dr. Klein really cared about MJ they would have sent him to rehab and postpone the 'This is it'concerts until next year 2010.MJ's fans are very patient and they would have waited until their idol got better to see him on stage.But money was at satkes and in the end Michael died because of the pressure that made him unable to sleep and the incompetence of Dr. Murray and the greed of AEG.

Vana

No Murray is not gonna walk. He still has to explain the confusion with the timeline and why it took him a half hour to call the paramedics. He's not gonna be able to talk his way out of that.

moni

Aston, thank you for your explanation, I got it now. What made me confused is – as you state as well – that I can't see why this story should change so much. No matter whether Murray knew about the drug problems (and of course he did): you don't administer Propofol outside a hospital, you don't do so without monitoring, and you never ever let your patient alone.
And we have already known that Murray put Michael under Propofol although he HIMSELF had given him various other drugs before, a mixture with deadly potential.

It makes me sick to the stomach to figure out that Michael Jackson, the most disciplined top-professional on stage, always the undisputed boss of his team, had to be requested to show up for rehearsals. I still hope it isn't true.

moni

Siggisiss, thank you as well!

Siggisiss

Posted at 12:57 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Marie

Yes, it is so terribly sad - no one helped him. If he had had a wife (a good, sensible wife - or some other soulmate), this would NOT have happened. Michael was basically alone. He had his children, but they were too young to do anything.
Heartbreaking.

Cathy

Posted at 1:13 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Siggisiss
____________________________________________

IMO, if he and Lisa Marie Presley had stayed together, this would not have happened. No way would she have allowed these vultures to pull all the crap that they pulled. Personally, I think she saved his life 17 years ago, but she could not do it twice. Heartbreaking.