Michael Jackson's Kids Get Schooled

8/27/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two of Michael Jackson's kids have taken a big step -- leaving homeschool for one of the most exclusive private schools in the country.

Michael Jackson Kids School
TMZ has learned 13-year-old Prince and 12-year-old Paris started at The Buckley School in the San Fernando Valley on Wednesday.

Family sources tell TMZ ... Prince wanted to go to Buckley to have "a social experience."  Initially, Paris was reluctant but changed her mind in a big way.

As for 8-year-old Blanket -- he's still going to be homeschooled. Katherine Jackson feels he's too young to venture out.

Among the alums -- Matthew Perry, Alyssa Milano, Nicole Richie, Nicollette Sheridan and Laura Dern.

By the way, some other grads even went on to do sex tapes and became famous -- Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

Cindy

Awesome I'm glad to hear the kids are being given a chance at as normal a life possible but TMZ we didn't need the name of the school advertised nor your other comments, these are children.

Mee

Meant to say
"IT'S ABOUT THE CHILDREN BUT NOT FOR THE CHILDREN, HOPEFULLY"

Lee lee

@Mee ..I would like to think this is true, But I think you might be a little naive to think that under 18s + cant read these posts of they want to. Sad but True.

Lee lee

meant to say * if they want to* ...lack of sleep !

Barbara

Please TMZ, give them a chance, let them alone, that is with their family and new friends.

mj fan forever

Katherine thinks and (would) do with her grandchildren what she did with her children and does not understand that if Michael had wanted send them to school he would have done it, but Michael is not there and so she can do whatever she wants with those children. Even and above all expose them to the excessive attention and to the unpleasant media comments. Just what Michael had so carefully avoided.

ScoutBubba

Inappropriate in a post about children. I see the joke, but still, come on
I NEVER write outraged comments, but that is wrong dudes

Lee lee

Posted at 3:57 AM on Aug 27, 2010 by mj fan forever

I do agree that schooling them out of the home is a bold step...perhaps the children have voiced their interest in trying this.
Yes the media attention is still a concern, however , since the children have been unmasked , I do feel that the massive curiosity surrounding the kids has somewhat subsided. The fact that They children were often photographed with Michael,( masked ) it just added to the mystery.
I think Michael always first and foremost wanted to protect his children. Things have changed now, and I think the children should be given the opportunity to mingle. Schooling out of home may or may not work..time will tell. But I do think they should be given the chance.

Mee

#24

Your right

MIDNIGHT TOKER

They can send security along with them...like Shocky Jaffar...
and assuming MJ is alive according to all the Mj fanatics,what kind of costume will he be wearing so he can watch his kids first day of school??

Why oh Why?

@ Lee lee - totally agree!
You cannot keep those children away from "the real life" forever. They have been sheltered and hidden and have had very few chances to learn social skills and to tackle the hard reality out there. But one day they need to do just that or they will live a life in "prison", just like their father did.

I just pray that they can stay strong when they get to hear and read all the horrible things people say and write about their Dad. Because once they go to school, everything will be reveiled for them.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

sorry to say I do not see any of Mj in these kids,

Lee lee

They can send security along with them...like Shocky Jaffar...

Posted at 4:20 AM on Aug 27, 2010 by MIDNIGHT TOKER

Funny LOL...thanks for the giggle.

Lee lee

@ Lee lee - totally agree!

Posted at 4:22 AM on Aug 27, 2010 by Why oh Why?

Yes , I worry for them too. As we all know kids can be cruel, so school will be a reality shock. I like to think that these kids, as sheltered as they may have been kept ( and I do believe that Michael had their best interests at heart)probably understand ALL that has been said about their Dad. If they didn't before...after his passing I'm sure they have heard it all now. These children have had access to the internet( as can be seen on you tube)so I am sure that nothing would come as a surprise to them. Children are very resilient .
I pray with all my heart that school is a positive experience for them.

PaulWS

They are obviously so much better off with MJ being gone.