Comedian Robert Schimmel

in Serious Car Accident

8/28/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned famous comedian Robert Schimmel was involved in a car accident on Thursday in Arizona and is currently in "very serious" condition.

0828_rober_shimmel_EX_getty
We're told Schimmel's 19-year-old daughter was driving at the time and Schimmel was in the passenger seat. Sources tell us the daughter swerved to avoid an accident in her lane and the car rolled over on to the side of the freeway.

Schimmel's daughter was hospitalized and is in stable condition and expected to make a full recovery. His 11-year-old son was also in the car -- he was released without injuries the same day.

As for Schimmel, we're told he is still in the hospital and in "very serious" condition and his family is at his bedside.

Schimmel is perhaps best known for his work on "The Howard Stern Show."

devon

the passenger side is literally the death seat. poor guy.

bring back recent posts

awww...don't know who he is, but I will pray for him and his family

bring back recent posts

...lets hope his age is on his side for recovery..

sugga pie hunni bunz

DAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGG.....DATS MESSED UP......YOU I HOPE U MAKE IT THRGH....TOUGH MESS....SMH.......

Feds

Cheated on with,an left his wife of many years for, his daughters best friend, who in turn screwed around on him with a younger guy, then Schimmel was all broken up about it. Boo-Fricken-Hoo. Got Cancer and now this...Yikes..he has some **** to answer for on the other side.

Janny

He posted this on Twitter 5 hours ago
"The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. Stay tuned"

fredsdead

Somewhere Howard Stern is laughing because he's that kind of guy.

Judith

All the best, Bob!

chrisklein

This jerk cheated on his wife with his daughter's friend. I feel no sympathy.

Truth

HIS BEST WORK WAS THE ON AIR ARGUMENTS HE ALWAYS HAD WITH HIS DAUGHTER JESSICA ON THE STERN SHOW. NOT THE SAME DAUGHTER IN THE CAR ACCIDENT. JESSICA IS 32 NOW. DAMN, TIME FLIES. SHE WAS LIKE MID-20'S OR SO WHEN SHE USED TO PHONE IN TO THE STERN SHOW ALL THE TIME ABOUT HIS DAD'S CHEATING AND HER BEST FRIEND MELISSA DATING HER DAD AND MARRIED HIM.

Sandi

I hope he pulls through. Regardless of what some of you posted showing him in a bad light, I felt he was a kind hearted person. He was at the Baltimore improv several years ago when my Brother, who was also a stand up comic, suddenly died before going on stage to do his show. Mr. Schimmel gave the proceeds from his show to my Brothers' widow and three small children. My thoughts are with him and his family.

FromtheRight

Robert Who?

boz

A good man who fought many battles, including Cancer. Best wishes, Bob.

September Nightfire

This is so sad! I have a sister who is 19 and a younger sister who is almost 10....it scares me every time my middle sister drives with my dad in the car. This guy's kids are going to be haunted by this tragedy for a long time. My thoughts and prayers go out to this guy and his family. Stay strong!

T

i don't care what he has done in his life. My prayers goes out to him and his family.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments