No Crystal Clear Reason for Rita Wilson to Wear This!

8/29/2010 9:10 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

Inexplicably wearing a set of icicle Christmas lights over a white dress and the latest heels from Shauna Sand's Lucite Hollywood Boulevard collection, Tom Hanks' wife Rita Wilson stunned onlookers on the Emmy red carpet.

Rita Wilson Dress
My Big Fat Greek Fashion Mishap.

0830_emmy_shoe_footer

Laura Munroe

Did she make this dress herself with a chandelier she was disposing of OMG! All she needed to do next is light herself up like a chandelier! Good God!

naplessell

manatee caught in a fishing net - save me!

ellie

Classic example of; MONEY DOES NOT BUY CLASS!

Sickmund Fruendberg

All that money- all those stylists, all the designers in the world and she found a dress in China Town for Pre Christmas? WHERE IS THE HANGING BBQ'D DUCK? Does the dress light up? The shoes- omgggggggggggggg and those legs-
Meanwhile hes in such a coma looking at her as if she is one of the great all time beauties- WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE DRINKING????????

janet

How did she ever have to nerve to leave the house looking like that. Has to be one of the worst on the red carpet.

ksus

I bet Tom is sorry he ever gave her that hot glue gun for her birthday!

Surprised

Is she pregnant?! She clearly has a belly in there but she's not fat - maybe the point of having such a crazy outfit was to detract from what's underneath.

Vera

There must be a reason behind all this mess!!!

jacqueline

I am sooo happy - I was having a really bad day when I checked this photo and all the posts...

and I am in tears laughing! This is the best therapy!!! I cannot believe she would do a fashion stylist stint on Oprah and then go on a red carpet like this! Please tell me there's a bet or a joke there somewhere.

Christine

Wow! That is just awful! Did she look in the mirror before she said I'll take it? Or was she drunk? That's the only acceptable answer. Now there is a picture to remember it forever.

Anuschka

ubercool - I love extraordinary shoes - well done Rita!

Steelerchick

HA HA HA!!! Look at Tom's face.
The face of WTF????

neraki13

All I saw last night was her hair and thought it was horrible. This outfit, simply tragic. What was she thinking? or was she trying to be funny. I'm thinking she will get "worst dressed."

Straight Talkin Texan

Beautiful lady. Horrendous outfit! It looks like a maternity dress.

chiciago girl

Quick get Rachel Zoe or even her fired assistant to help this poor woman out!
I love the look on Tom's face, even he can't believe she's wearing this monstrosity and posing like she just won the Miss America crown!!
Blame it on lack of medication or too much of it. The hair, the dress, the shoes!! How will she live this one down?