T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

Shunda

Tiny too damn old for that. She is really in love with that hard head youngsta. Let him make it girl, he still young and dumb...Make you wonder do the kids really come first or that dude..

Shag

He's just a stupid sonofabitch, and needs to be thinned from the herd. All the youngsters that looked-up to him, and would love the shot at stardom, as this is the example he sets. Even with the Paris Hilton thing, I expect that out of her, but her boyfriend was of Mr. Vegas power man, Steve Wynn. The boyfriend, another stupid sonofabitch.

ellbrandon

Hey ignorant individuals with the negativity, I hope you start feeling better about yourself then you can stop downing others to give yourself a false security to cover your obvious insecurities.

Anyway I agree with the person who commented about us not knowing the whole story. I wish the best for them both, and that they will make wiser decisions in the future. Both the handsome T.I. and the beautiful, down to earth geniune, kind spirited "Tiny"

Tyler

u people need to stop judging him and his wife.. whats wrong with you people he dnt judge u. whats wrong with going out and having a goodtime with your wiffe... anbd people making comments about what his girl looks like too.. id love to see what your girls look like. T.I live your life man **** these haters they dnt mean ****.... keep ur head up and dnt listen to these cowareds...

tonigirl

BEING A GOOD WOMAN TO A MAN MEANS DISABLING BAD BEHAVIOR... Do NOT be an enabler.. Real LOVE is shown when a women steps up and let her man know that he risk messing up his life. TI says Tiny has his "back"... But just because she supports bad behavior does meacn she got his "BACK". Stand as a strong BLACK girlfriend and let ya man know what he could be risking.

This story is so sad to me... Although this is NOT all Tinys fault :-(. I hope you guys get it together.. at least for the kids sake.

Michelle D. Langford

TI and Tiny, keep ur heads up and handle ur business with this bogus charge. Everyone with the negativity are just haters. Last week it was FANTASIA, this week it's the two of u. Remember this, "LET UR HATERS BE UR MOTIVATORS", that's real talk from Baltimore, we love u both!!!

LaLa

Id definitly take that X with him... What a hotttttttie... to bad he is going back to Jail :( seeing him locked up makes my heart hurt... thought he was doing right...

D_Boi21

Since when have *****sz been doin meth?!

rayquel

i am happy they got out

AlwayzClassy

Y is everybody making a big deal over T.I getting arrested I mean it is what it is Paris Hilton just got arrested for coke and nobody talking about that SMDH I just feel like people need to stop judging and oh well if Tiny tore up T.I married her so all the hater'z kill yourself because they are going to keep doing them and I'am not even a T.I fan I'am GUCCI 4 life!!!

AlwayzClassy

@Robert a REAL WHITE WOMEN lmao really?? the bitch is a crackhead and if T.I is black trash then she is white trash her and Lindsey every time you turn on the T.V it's something about them 2 hoes so get over yourself you jus as whack as they are

mo

Ti should of never married Tiny shes no good! If she was a good woman she would of been looking out for her man and leading him in the right direction and this would of never happen.If he would of only take some good advice get a divorce!

meiasha

damn man....
that crazy he just got out of jail and nw if his probation violate him he gone for a long time and just think of all his indorsements down the drain....

brittney

THATS ASHAME ON BOTH OF THEM THEY'RE BOTH GROWN ASS PEOPLE WITH CHILDREN WHAT KIND OF EXMAPLE ARE THEY SETTING FOR THEIR KIDS WEATHER OR NOT WE KNOW THE FULL STORY OR NOT BUT I SAD BECAUSE THEY SHOULD NO BETTER TI SHOULD KNOW HE JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN MORE TIME BECAUSE HE HASNT LEARNED ANYTHING.I AM A HUGE FAN OF HIM BUT HE NEEDS TO GET THE STREET OUT OF HIS MIND HE HAS CHILDREN ITS TIME OUT FOR THAT AND ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HE IS MARRIED..! AT LEAST SO TO EVERYONE THAT U DNT HAVE TO BE STREET AND HOOD ALL YOUR LIFE..!! TEACH THESE YOUNG KIDS SOME...

AlwayzClassy

@Robert I didn't know we were back in elementary school talking about each other mother's I think that is very childish of you grow the **** up!I'am to classy to be up on here arguing with a internet gangster the **** is funny to me matter fact me and my husband laughing our ass off at your dumb ass...get out your feelings and stop acting like a female BITCH!!!