T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

kelly

Come on you guys! People get arrested all the time over and over for drugs. Why sweat these two? Marijuana is a popular drug all over the country, and some of you smoke it too. Tiny is not an ugly person. No one is talking about Paris Hilton. She was arrested for cocaine, and told the police she thought it was bubble gum. Stop wasting your precious time speaking negative about these two super rich people who could care less what you say anyway.

michael

Call me an idiot. But, what do you expect. The black rap scene is full of ex drug dealers. Maybe we should quit celebrating these ghetto ass thugs. Dumb ass losers. Jay Z, TI, 5o cent and lil Wayne. I love the Black American culture. Go Obama!!

emitchell

you ****ing haters are nothing you guys mean nothing to them, you think they care what the **** you say about them. You BITCHES have too much time on your hands ya"ll need to go smoke one and shut the fuuuuuuucckk up HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!all they wanted to do was have a good time and he wanted to smoke one with his wife,,,YOU BITCHES just mad you weren"t the choosen one.

TI $ TINY LOVE YOU GUYS ****'EM ALL*

kdknick

She is sooooooo ugly

danielle

You're on probation, T.I. Ugh, how stupid! I love you, but you're STUPID! Oh, and Tiny types like a moron, ha.

LM

GEEZ TIP...TINY DIDNT YOU LEARN ANYTING FROM OJ!!! YOU KNOW THE MAN IS WATCHING YOU AND OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO PULL OVER A MAYBACH. THIS WAS BEYOND STUPID. TO THOSE WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN...MUCH IS EXPECTED. GET IT TOGETHER AND STOP HALF STEPPIN. YOU ARE BOTH GOOD PEOPLE - BUT PLEASE STOP HALF STEPPIN. YOU HAVE TOOOO MUCH TO LOSE. STILL LOVE YA!!!

Karen

Ok, yes, this is about as dumb as he could get...does he possibly have the Tiger Woods syndrome where he thinks he is invincable. I absolutely love T.I. and just wish I could shake the crap out of him. Lyndsey Lohen gets out of everything and so does Paris and if he has to go back to jail I will be so pissed, and yes I am white, but I do know right from wrong when it comes to the judicial system. If they are going to let those two bitches off all the time, they better let TIP off as well. But this is a federal probation violation, so I dont think he is going to be so lucky :(

Brett

He is a horrible artist anyway so who cares.
I just wish jay z was with him and they could both go away for a while.

LFM

TO THOSE TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN....MUCH IS EXPECTED. TI AD TINY YOU ARE BEAUTFUL PEOPLE. PLEASE QUIT HALF STEPPIN. YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TO LOSE.

Michael Wilson

So what, he just got out of jail and made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes; whether you in jail, coming out of jail, or never been to jail. Nobody's perfect. So get off his and her back. In a perfect world, nobody does drugs, but guess what? we have not made it to that perfect world yet!!! T.I. and Tiny, Im praying for you guys. Prayer can fix any situation. God is the God of many chances. Just ask him, T.I. for another chance and He will do it.

Mr.NC

Does anyone think its funny that the cop looks like Dax Shepard? lol...

SmartCtGirl

OMG This guy did an Interview On Larry King/ VHI/MTV all this bull**** how he is so happy to be givin a second chance, and bla bla bla,, does he ever learn! To the bitch thatsaid "nobodys perfect" who said youhave to be perfect not to do drugs when your on PROBATION jackass and u have kids athome. My god! He must feel so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol,, please i hope they re air all his bull**** interviews how GOD MADE HIM CHANGE haaaaaaaa

yeh it's me

That video is a waste of few secondz

Liberty Noelle

My Lord......he just got of jail! Tiny is very unattractive. She looks like a character from the cartoon "Duck Tails".

Kimberly

Love T.I. and was soooo happy that he decided to marry someone who has been a long-time person in his life. Am wondering how this will be treated vs. ms Hilton. If one walks I think I know who it will be...and that is BS! If there is any truth to the drug thang kids, get it together, you really can do better. What could be so terrible that you need to be numbed out? Address that, and the need for the drugs will go.