T.I. and His Wife Busted for Possession

9/2/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The honeymoon is over for T.I. and his wife Tameka Cottle because TMZ has learned they were arrested tonight and booked for the alleged possession of a controlled substance.

0902_ti_tiny_EX_tmz_03

Law enforcement sources tell us L.A. County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the multi-platinum selling rapper and his wife in a Maybach on Sunset Boulevard around 10:18PM. Deputies say they smelled marijuana.

When searching the vehicle cops found a controlled substance. Law enforcement sources tell us the controlled substance was not cocaine, but rather the class of controlled substance that triggered the arrest includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

The couple just got married on July 30 in Miami, and T.I. -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- is on probation after doing seven months in prison on federal weapons charges.

Law enforcement sources say both T.I. and Tameka were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

We're told T.I. and Tameka are in custody right now. Bail amount is $10,000.

UPDATE: T.I. and Tameka were released around 4:00AM.

0902_ti_tiny_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

wingedmonkey

rhat din'ttakelong!!

Carvey

Are they celebrities or just random people busted in West Hollywood that TMZ decided to report on?

Did they deny it was their cocaine? Blame it on Paris perhaps?

debbie

How dumb!!!!!!!!!!! When will these celebrities learn to not do stupid stuff like this?

Superman

Back to prison you go, dude.

Annette

Guess this means that the honeymoon is over.

pcox

Stupid stupid.

Just Sayin

gansta!

phoenixstar9

T.I is my dude but damn.. why do something so stupid, but innocent until proven guilty i say.

EDITA ON STEROIDS

TOO BAD YA AINT PARIS HILTONS HERPES HAVIN ASS, THEN YOU WOULD BE OFF SCOTT CLEAN FOR SOME HERBS.

Nicole

What an idiot
After he got off SO easy on the weapons charges

Fulifu

Just looked up the price of a maybach, one of the options offered is a "Smoker's Package"

raven

This and Paris smoking in the car just is not safe anymore. Better spread the word out there. Cops are looking for smokey cars it seems and bam, pull yourass over. Smoke at home folks.

Kelly

IMO he deserved it. I saw him do a couple of interviews and he acts like he's better than everybody else. Fame went straight to that head!!
Even the interviewer was taken aback. He sat there with shades on the whole time like a pompous @$$

He's just getting his. Don't know abt her.

blkshepherd

Oh give me a ****ing break..who gives a **** about a little weed? get the hell out of here..I can understand crack coke, or selling..I bet some of those same officers either smoke or got family members that smoke a little weed..Did they cause an accident? kill anyone? hurt anyone? GET THE **** OUT of here with this bull****. a little weed..OMG..the police must BE BORED

Mee

Why do cops smell so well lately?

THEY PROBABLY HAVE SOME KIND OF HIGH TECH MACHINE,DEVICE,or gadget.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments