Lindsay Tweets: 'I'm Prepared to Face Consequences'

9/18/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan apparently has had a change of heart.  After telling friends TMZ's story was dead wrong -- that she tested positive for cocaine and flunked a drug test -- she then took to her Twitter page late Friday night and fessed up.

0917Lindsay_lohan_BN_TMZ_05
Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.

Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.

This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.

I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

As we told you yesterday, Lindsay actually failed two drug tests -- the second was not for cocaine.

Nonetheless, she's now acknowledging a problem.  For her sake, we hope these are her words and not those of the people who have so adeptly gotten her out of numerous jams.

NettyDino

Hey Lindsay you still gonna use the "I'm a work in progress" excuse when your finally KILL somebody while driving stoned or drunk??? Don't you get it? We don't want to share the roads with you! You need to go to jail and stay there....like for a very long time you coke head.

Allen

The problem with Lohan is that she didn't seperate herself from all the losers and hanger ons that helped destroy her career. She literally needs to tell everyone around her including her Mother to hit the road. All she is going to do is continue so spiral with all the s*** that she hangs out with. Tell Mom and Dad to get lost and find some positive role models to follow.

Peter Sc

She cannot deal with her illness as long as she is confined to the toxic LA area. She has only one choice. She needs to apply to the judge to go to jail for a long time so she can serve out her probation inside.

It will not be as hard for her as it was the first time. Jail is only scary for the first couple of weeks. One percent of our entire population is living like that and for many it is actually better than being homeless or living in a shelter.

She can adjust to prison life and be free from the papparazzies. Maybe she can quit her addiction also, but it would not be important. Once she is out again she can work for real, which has been rather impossible when she cannot participate fully in the marketing by being a part of the nightlife.

Please, Lindsay!

Ask for jail yourself. You know that you need to leave California to quit the addiction and it is only possible if you manage to come off probation early.

Dee

Get away from your mother, the enabler, who would rather go on tv all day claiming your a victim, to get her 15 minutes which were up years ago. Dina...take a lead from Britneys parents..who deeply cared for their daughter, and quietly got her help.
Lindsay...your mother is your worst enemy!!!

eh

STOP WASTING OUR TAX DOLLARS, LINDSAY LOHAN. fckin loser.

MikeD

Ummm.. You've got a Terrific TWITTER Writer... Now, what do YOU have to say? Seriously, good luck... hang tough.. stay straight.

B

What a bummer. Not a surprise, really...Just a bummer.

dencyb

I don't think Linsey wrote this...doesn't sound like her, I think this is a fake...

if she did not pass her tests...good luck girl

Seriously?

The most disturbing part of this, is not that she's a junkie...almost everyone knows that.

But the disturbing part is her "fans"....people saying she's an inspiration and they are so proud of her, that she is a miracle to the world and that she will make even more money now that she's in the headlines again. They actually believe that.

That is disturbing! And they are in shockingly large numbers. They feed her via twitter delusions of grandeur. There are people out there, who still believe she is a role model. And that is the media's fault. It's the fault of the magazines who hire her, the clubs that pay her, the companies that send her free swag.

If all at once, the magazines refused to do stories about her or buy photos, if the clubs stopped letting her in, if she was no longer invited to industry events or given maserati's to drive, if she was blacklisted in hollywood....she'd clean up her act in a heart beat. But why should she...she gets treated like a star everywhere she goes. And that is the media's fault. It's her fault for being a junkie, but it's the medias for glamorizing it.

Take her fame away and she'll sober up. It's the only thing she cares about.

Seriously?

So this time when she gets caught she's going to say oh, sorry, remember, I've got a disease....so it's not really my fault.

Yet when released from UCLA, 3 wks ago, she wanted an apology from the court for daring to say she had a substance abuse problem.

She knows she done in Hollywood, right? She thought she could act as smug as she has, doing nothing but renting sports cars, shopping, and snorting coke, and thinks a twitter apology fixes it?

You can put a junkie in a Maserati, but she's still a junkie.

Spot

She did some coke and got caught, and she is going to face the judge and be punished. Most of the people who post on here will not agree with whatever the judge does to her and I understand that.

I would really like the judge to point out to her that she did not do this to herself, she had help. The persons she hangs with helped her screw up and she needs to be told that! Her friends are making money off her and laughing behind her back as they tempt her and laughing at her behind her back.

roxanne

"mishaps"? ... you are far from recovery if a relapse is only a mishap in your mind.

Good riddance!

We were supposed to believe this how many times now? Lots of suckers out there. Don't be a sucker.

jen

Well...everyone has a bottom. Wonder when and what will be her's?

lily

she's finally admitting she has a problem. i am still hoping for a comeback from her. i hope she overcomes this disease.