Meg Whitman's Housekeeper -- 'Explosive' Allegations

9/29/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0929_pete_wilson_thumb_Getty_100UPDATE:  Meg Whitman's campaign chairman, former California Governor Pete Wilson, tells TMZ he is unaware of any claim by Whitman's former housekeeper, but, "The timing of this is highly suspect."

The former housekeeper for Meg Whitman -- the Republican candidate for Governor of California -- is about to make "controversial and explosive allegations about her former employer," TMZ has learned.

Whitman housekeeper.
We're told the housekeeper has lawyered up with none other than Gloria Allred. The housekeeper and Allred will hold a news conference today in Gloria's office at 11 AM PT, "to tell how she suffered as a long-time, Latina household employee in Meg Whitman's home."

We're told the housekeeper will be filing a legal claim against Ms. Whitman.

From what we're hearing, the disclosures could have a significant impact on the campaign and possibly the election.

We will, of course, live stream the news conference.  It doesn't matter where you live -- Don't miss this one.

0929_gloria_allred_greatest_hits_footer

Rastus

Can't Paris Hilton run for Gov.? She could have a hot stamp and a not stamp. That's all she'd need!

Jeff Becker

Gloria Allred maybe the most disgusting lawyer ever, and that's pretty hard to do. She basically has a license to extort money from people. I can't believe the Ca. Bar Association does not investigate her actions. What a PIG!!!!!

sayhi2karma

Wow - what a shock. One month before the election. For all the years prior to that, her housekeeper was fine. But shortly after being paid off by Jerry Brown's goons, she's suddenly "mistreated" and the world needs to hear her story. Lump all that with the fact that CA's #1 ambulance chaser is her mouthpiece, and we have a giant non-issue. But Harvey at TMZ will keep the ball(s) bouncing as long as his little queer hands can manage.

I could give two ****s about CA. I'd love for you to have Jerry Brown, and continue to choke on your liberal/socialist policies until you fall into the ocean.

girlsgonegop

Three words: WORK FOR WELFARE. Between the two candidates, Meg Whitman is the only one talking about workable ideas to fix the greatest challenge to California's finances. And our UC system. And job creation. This is not Rocket Science: we have proven TRACK RECORDS of both candidates for crying out loud. I cannot imagine that this former employee could have anything to say about Meg Whitman that would bear on her ability to govern our state. As for Jerry Brown, I don't have to ask his housekeeper-- I lived through it.

Stupid People Hater

The timing and choice of lawyer indicate to me that it is not worth reading another article on the matter.

Me2

Meg "Dogface" Whitman...

linda

Seriously how does Gloria Allred sleep at night. And the ones that seek her services are just as bad.

Alvin

If this were a democrat TMZ wouldn't say a word about this story!

Rock Singer

She looks like George Washington in this picture...sorry George.

Dane

The fact that it is Gloria Allred tells me this whole thing is most likely Bulls**t. Gloria is not even a lawyer anymore.... she's just another media whore. And I have to question the whole timing of this too. The only reason people use Gloria Allred is when they want to make accusations without proof and they want some money on top of it. Gloria's last name might as well me Lohan or Jackson..... 2 other families that just need to shut up and disappear.

Me2

Alvin your stupid...everyone had their fair share of fun with John Edwards and his "stoopid" antics. There's no bias...if its juicy TMZ and the rest of the media will bite at it.

RabbleRouser

Oh please- I guess the extortion attempt failed and now they are 'telling'. I hope ICE is shows up at the press conference and deports her ass.

rod

Is MS.Allread a lawyer or a ringmaster for the media circus? Has she ever been in court or just does she just get in front of cameras?

d

Does Allred ever actually practice law in a courtroom? She should get her own reality show or tv show already! Enough with your stupid media-hungry press conferences! Just file your lawsuits and let the facts in court speak for themselves!

Lori

I don't care if Whitman had this housekeeper whistling DOO DA out her ASS...I will NOT be voting for Jerry Brown.

I lived through his LAST political DEBACLE here in Calif. and I won't do it again!