Judge Orders Mel Gibson to Appear for Deposition

10/18/2010 4:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson was ordered to appear for a deposition within the next few weeks as part of the ongoing child custody case with baby mama Oksana Grigorieva.

Mel Gibson deposition.
We're told he's been ordered to give his depo some time before November 10. Oksana will also give her deposition, but it will take place on a different day. Both depositions will be supervised by a judge.

Sources say the depo will cover child custody issues only.

We're also told that the judge will clarify on November 10 whether the $20,000/month Mel has been ordered to pay in child support includes Oksana's housing costs.

Curious

Howdy Folks!

I remember Freid and Levine complained that Mr. Mel hadn't sat for his deposition because they tried to schedule it for the time he was away in Fiji. When he returned, the story was he was waiting for a deposition to be scheduled. He was also being interviewed by investigators and had no problem meeting with them.

According to our legal types here, deposition scheduling requires at least a 30 day notice. At 30 days, there's some flexibility to account for previous engagement. A 60 day notice is is more set in stone, so to speak.

Besides the recent complaints over the past week or so about Mr. Mel not sitting, does anyone remember hearing whether Miss Oksana's family lawyers from Attorney Trope's office even scheduling a deposition?

All I can recall seeing from them has been about the FIB, Oprah, People, etc.

Majestik

What movie is he filming in Thailand? I better go check out IMDB eh?

wondering

i bet his deposition will be a very limited one considering the other cases that hover in the background.

and i wonder how much objections will be raised during his deposition

wondering

Hi Curious, welcome back to the fray

Diane

That's a big thumbs up. I'd like to see him get in there right away and get this over and done with then Team Ox can STFU and stop with this nonsense. Funny how everything is now hinging on the 10th. I think the Judge is being ridiculous is dragging this out, then again, I can say Mel is being ridiculous in dragging this out also since he should've been in a depo months ago. Sheesh, I'm sitting on the fence waiting to fall like Humpty Dumpty.

Posted at 12:42 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by Majestik

Elected officials such as judges and DA's are painfully aware of their own popularity and can't help but think wanting to put this off until Nov. 10th has something to do with elections.

They are all opportunists.

Hahaha

Mel is angry because somewhere in his blood line there are all sorts of Jewish, women and black relatives. I wish Mel lived in Auschwitz in 1942. Then he wouldnt dare say the crap he says. He doesnt deserve any attention. I wonder how his older kids have turned out. Are they racist and sexist too or do they know that daddy is nutz

Posted at 12:52 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by My two cents ;)

Give me a break! Mel is not the only person in America calling other people names. I'm black and live in New York where there are a lot of Jews. Let me tell you they are as racist as anybody else. All they care about is people calling them name. But stay five minutes close to them and you'll hear them making fun of blacks, latinos and everyone else. Once I was typing on a computer close to this orthodox jew girl planning her marriage with a friend of hers...there was an issue with getting an apartment and the friend (also jewish of course) suggested a neighborhood with a mixed population of black/latinos/whites. She categorically refused saying "well you know: it's a black neighborhood"
That to me is more racist than Mel saying a couple of politically incorrect phrases while drunk.

Majestik

They are all opportunists.

Posted at 1:02 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by Diane

I know I've read it already before, exactly what day is the elections? My brain hasn't had enough coffee today.

Alcamedes

and i wonder how much objections will be raised during his deposition

Posted at 1:01 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by wondering

Um, you may have missed this little bit of the story

"Sources say the depo will cover child custody issues only"

As I said before I believe they would have until they knew what the parameters were for the deposition before proceeding.

Mandy

@1: If you are subpoenaed for a deposition, you must attend. In certain cases, if a deponent is unavailable, the deposition is rescheduled. And vacations are NOT a valid reason to reschedule a deposition. 99.9% of the time, all parties are notified a head of time before the deposition is scheduled and subpoeans served so as all parties are able to attend. Oh and the judge ordering really is no big deal. If Mel was subpoenaed, he must attend and it seems the date is okay with him.

Ann

This is not the deposition they were referring to before. That depo was regarding the DV &/or Extortion claims. Totally separate issues. READ THE ARTICLE: This is deposition will COVER CHILD CUSTODY ISSUES ONLY.

KWM

The one and only deposition I sat for was rescheduled several times based on availability of attorneys for both sides and their respective scheduling, together with arranging a mutually agreed on location for the depo. Given her revolving door of attorneys, the delay may well likely lie in her camp, not his.

Bottom line....It's not always up to the individual being deposed.

With Oxy changes lawyers constantly, who is there to depose him in the child custody case?

wondering

Alcamedes! welcome back!! missed your comments greatly

Alcamedes

Alcamedes! welcome back!! missed your comments greatly

Posted at 1:07 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by wondering

Thank You wondering. I seem to be more busy in my retirement than when I was working, lol.

cheebee

#15 My two cents "....somewhere in his blood line there are all sorts of......., women .........."

ROFL, really women in his blood line, who'd have thunk it.

Curious

Hiya wondering =D

By the way, the FIB in my last post should be FBI*.
Little slip there. Ahem.