Judge Orders Mel Gibson to Appear for Deposition

10/18/2010 4:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson was ordered to appear for a deposition within the next few weeks as part of the ongoing child custody case with baby mama Oksana Grigorieva.

Mel Gibson deposition.
We're told he's been ordered to give his depo some time before November 10. Oksana will also give her deposition, but it will take place on a different day. Both depositions will be supervised by a judge.

Sources say the depo will cover child custody issues only.

We're also told that the judge will clarify on November 10 whether the $20,000/month Mel has been ordered to pay in child support includes Oksana's housing costs.

middleagedcrazy

Remember folks, a little over 90 days is not very long to schedule a deposition, especially with the revolving door going on.

Hope the judge is there to keep things on track.

Tee hee

kali

Soooo not a fan of Mike today.

Curious

Fuddy -

LOL - had a meeting earlier with my investment guy, as we were closing up he asked when we could set up our next meeting and suggested Nov. 10. Poor soul had to listen to me go off!

LMAO, hubby finally came to his rescue by planting a hand firmly over my mouth.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Am I the only one thinking this ENTIRE thing is going to fall apart? DV charges will be dropped, the extortion charges will be dropped - both due to lack of evidence.

Posted at 12:47 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by meltheloser

Loser, I said this months ago. It is the most likely thing. They will both get the hands smacked and told ot play pretty. I hate that, but that is the most likely.

Wiley

Actually, if Mel was at Auschwitz and said that stuff he would have been made a trusty. But what good does it do for Mel to go in and give info relevent to the custody when Oksana has shown no inclination to do hers. Her story changes every day and if his testimony is leaked she can alter her testimony to counter his and things change all the time with her anyways. This judge hasn't enforced his own orders and really doesn't seem to care to end this despite all the turmoil. I'm assuming that if the DA concluded that Mel did hit the baby his visitation would have been terminated but I'm not sure if that is a valid conclusion because Mel already has someone there to observe him and the kid. What could Mel possibly be hiding that Oksana wouldn't have used against him? I'm betting he has a lot of stuff against her that we haven't heard because he's not talking publicly and a lot of what she's doing now may be a defensive move to counter what she knows he will say. Anyways, they should both be ordered to finish their depositions by the same date because the court can't be trusted and whoever waits longest has the advantage. Especially useful tactic if you are a chronic liar.

Belinda

Sound to me like the good judge put his foot dowm and told BOTH sides that the court date was scheduled for Nov 10 and that there would be no extentions.

Mel has to give a deposition
and
Oksana has to give a deposition

I doubt one side was ordered any more than the other side.

Glad to hear that a judge with oversee both depositions.

Wonder if one side requested that thought.

Mel's team or Oksana's team

Doesn't matter though ... it's sounds like a good decision.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Well, Mike on TMZLive is an idiot, it's comfirmed.

Curious

Hiya MAC, Sam, MtL :)

Kolodny! Ok, see how long before I screw the name up again,lol.

Azlee-
Truly! How could possibly confuse Miss Oksana's lawyers? It's not like there've been 40 of them in and out. Oh wait . . .

Back in a few gang, gotta hang up Halloweeny stuffs.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Hi Curious.

Have an apppointment on Judgement day (investment guy)? OH I would had a fit too!

wondering

Fuddy -

LMAO, hubby finally came to his rescue by planting a hand firmly over my mouth.

Posted at 1:53 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by Curious

hahahah

fuddyduddy

any attorneys here? fuddy, shyone? why would they need a judge to sit on the depo?

Posted at 1:48 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by Who'sThat
________________________________________________________________

Hello, Who's That...having a judge, and in this case, TWO judges, will help with the questioning. This is a highly contentious custody battle, and judges can be requested/appointed to oversee the depositions. There was no deposition present at OG's deposition she gave previously, so you can understand how this case has heated up. It's not settling down at all; it's getting worse. So, the judges will be able to make rulings when there are objections. Otherwise, you could have attorneys ojecting all day long and not get very many questions answered. This way, a judge can overrule or sustain objections and they can move things along. With two judges being present, they can confer with one another, and neither side will be able to claim that a judge was partial to one party.

wondering

well got three of my questions addressed but not really answered hahahah ..

fuddyduddy

Curious--that's funny with your investment rep trying to schedule you on the 10th of November and you step up on that soap box! I bet hubby got a good laugh from it, too!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 12:52 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by My two cents ;)

What a sick bigot you are! Geez luize! Go look in the mirror!

kickaboo

Good Lord, TMZ Live...when does Harvey get back? I listen to the last few minutes, unbearable. Mike is struggling to sound more respectable and knowledgeable slightly but that other guy, I cannot stand.