Oksana's New Lawyer -- Lucky Number 40

10/18/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva showed up to court this morning for a hearing in her child support case with Mel Gibson -- and wouldn't you know it ... she has a new lawyer!

1018_oksana_lawyer_EX_Getty_01
The new man in Oksana's life is Mitchell Jacobs -- a family law attorney who has been a Board Certified Family Law Specialist since 1986.

We're told Jacobs was brought in because today's hearing involves a certain technicality and they reached out to Jacobs because he's a family law specialist.

Sources say it is unclear whether Jacobs will remain on full-time.

1018_grigorieva_tmz_small_vAs we first reported, Oksana has used 39 different lawyers so far in her child support case with Mel Gibson. The latest point of contention -- whether the judge's ruling that Mel has to amp up his child support payments to $20,000/month includes the housing payments Mel has been making.

As the old saying goes, 40th time is a charm.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Majestik

This reminds me of the underpanties with each day of the week written on them.

Squeaky Shoes

Bubba I can see TMZgossip's point a tad:

i don't agree with everything pro-mel people say either...

like sweetheart's post on baby-smuggling and murder... so *I* said something.

same deal, everyone entitled, but not everyone has to agree

JLS

Hey TMZ.....let's see you post how many attorneys, reps, crisis PR people old Mel has....IF YOU DARE. You are reporting a remarkably slanted bunch of crap here. First you annihilated Mel and then all of a sudden it's Oksana. Can we believe any of it after that remarkably startling switch? You are just plain after this woman. Rename TMZ to Mel's Media Lunch or something.

wondering

when i first saw the post oksanas new lawyer i was almost sure it was going to be Larry H. Parker! hahahah

Kimba10

I still don't get it, why do Mel have to pay her legal fees, when she's the one suing him? Is she going to pay Mel legal fees? This is insane, as much as Mel makes me sick. I hope the judge tell Oksana and her 40+ lawyers to go to hell!

It's insane, this hussy want $20 thousands in child support, free home for her and her son to live in, and she want him to pay for lawyers she keep hiring to sue him? Something about that chit does not make sense to me.

If you're suing me, hire and pay your own lawyers. Don't expect me to pay your lawyers to sue me. Especially when I'm not married to you and I owe you nothing but child support for her kid together.

Sadly to say, I'm totally with Mel on this. I don't think it's fair to break this man paying 40+ freaking lawyers she keep hiring, firing and quiting on her.

azlee

LOL, ok seeing tmzgossip argue with tmzgossip is a bit unreal. Now how the heck am I suppose to know which one you are, your wit should stand out. It is like the looking glass!

kpacota

he thinks he's going to make money, but he just tied his legal reputation to the train tracks and Engine Ox is a'comin down the line! WOO WOO!

Fool.

I'd love if the "technicality" surrounded DNA tests. lol

wondering

Posted at 11:51 AM on Oct 18, 2010 by Kimba10

its california law called "leveling the playing field"

ask TMZgossip about it he/she can fill you in on the fine details of the law

Majestik

How did Timothy Dalton get away with only paying 2500 a month and not putting her and the boy up with all expenses paid? Something is rotten in the State of California and I thought the English courts were harsher on child custody and more liberal with money.

kickaboo

Well if this Trope guy was the Gold Standard and Oksana/Bloom said they fired him, he says he quit--most likely cause he knows Oksana is a sociopath extortioner, hasn't the field been leveled all ready? Are these 40 "lowers" saying they are not worth a ****? Then why are they trying to bill so much money and grab that Gibson pie? What the hay, Judge Gordon?

Squeaky Shoes

Posted at 11:50 AM on Oct 18, 2010 by JLS
-----------------------------------------------

It only looks slanted because Oksana's putting HERSELF in the news... REPEATEDLY!

If Mel was indeed lawyer shopping, they would be all over it... ANY celeb news is tmz news

don't forget this started with mel's now infamous rant... AND prior to that, his DUI which TMZ proudly boasted.

so either do some research before you post or you are opening yourself up to backlash as mine

cluesarethere

Sweetheart, again you bring up the fact that Lucia is NOT MG's child or OG's child and you say that OG is "guilty" of:
- Kidnapping
- human trafficking
- forgery of birth certificates
- lying under oath

If Oksana is "charged" on these 4 counts alone as they relate to Lucia, then GUESS WHAT my friend, Mel will face these charges too as he has claimed (and NOT denied) the baby is his.

If MG and OG are BOTH lying, they'll BOTH go to jail. I've stated that repeatedly in the past

Posted at 11:12 AM on Oct 18, 2010 by meltheloser

Not if Mel didn't know about it... he's the victim.

Posted at 11:22 AM on Oct 18, 2010 by cluesarethere
-------------------------------------------
Cluesarethere - the other thing i wanted to mention is, do you really think Mel would fight so hard for a child that's not his (or one that was kidnapped). Imagine how SILLY he'd look if he ends up saying "Oh I didnt know the baby wasnt mine" or "i didnt know the baby was kidnapped". That would be as believable as Oksana's saying she didnt know the "tape(s)" were worth money.

MG would be sent directly to jail for having a kidnapped child.

Cluesarethere, but you seem CLUELESS to me.

Posted at 11:49 AM on Oct 18, 2010 by meltheloser

meltheloser, that was not necessary. Just because you are narrow minded and can't accept anyone elses view but your own does not make them wrong at this point. We will not know till the outcome of this fiasco. I refuse to get into name calling and mud slinging (that you seems to enjoy so much) and ruin it for everyone else in here. Please do not comment on my post and I will no longer ever comment on yours.. peace.

Michael

FACTS:

Oksana never lived with Mel Gibson yet she had his child and now, instead of child support, she is receiving $20k per month, all of her expenses are paid, including the fees from dozens of attorneys [all billing in the $500+ per hour range].

Those are the facts we know, the rest is up to speculation.

mimik

Im STILL TEAM MEL however I will agree with TMZG on the speculations being "factual". As far as we THE PUBLIC, we know VERY little truth. Virtually everything that's been posted has been info "leaked by a source"......I'd bet my nutz on the fact that the "source" is not leaking all the info, instead just bits and pieces of the truth that then becomes "fact" over months of banter.

Posted at 11:55 AM on Oct 18, 2010 by meltheloser
------------------------------------------------
(If you were a woman) Would you get pregnant with a married man without his consent?
Would you try to destroy a person you once loved?
Would you feel entitled to other people's belongings?
etc

Majestik

Would you try to destroy a person you once loved?
Would you feel entitled to other people's belongings?
etc

Posted at 12:04 PM on Oct 18, 2010 by mimik

I'm beginning to believe she NEVER loved Mel. I understand being angry and wanting some kind of revenge but the lengths she's taken to rip him apart just suggests she had one motive and one underlying agenda, the Cashola.