Pauly D Says No to The Donald

10/18/2010 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pauly D had the opportunity to get hired -- or, more likely, fired -- by Donald Trump on the upcoming season of "The Celebrity Apprentice" ... but he turned it down, TMZ has learned.

1017_paulyd_apprentice_EX_TMZ_01
Sources close to the "Jersey Shore" star tell TMZ ... producers approached him about being on fourth edition of "Celebrity Apprentice" -- but Pauly D decided he'd rather focus on his spin-off show with MTV ... which, sources say, has already begun filming.

We're told producers were looking for someone with a kind of "hip-hop background" -- which they ended up getting when they signed up Lil Jon instead.

JLS

Smart move. I think Pauly D is smarter than he looks. That hair really knocks down his credibility in my opinion.

Will

lol what a dumbass it won't even last a season, shouldve taken it to show that he has some smarts and not just some guy that just gets girls that look like grenades

Horse13

Each time I read something about a "Jersey Shore Star" I have to suppress my gag reflex. How any of these self-absorbed street muffins can seriously be considered "star" material is beyond me. This is a sad commentary on the state of America's value system. Young people glorify these Jersey Shore morons while showing compelte disdain for serious, intellectual young adults. These dim witted dolts 15 minutes of fame was over long ago. If only they had the good sense to realize that.

DANA

I dont think this story is true
why would they hire talentless douche?
the whole JS crew is wortless
The Situation had the best teacher on DWTS but
didnt make it more than 4 weeks caouse he is douche as well
Jwoww sucked big time at TNA Wrestling. What a skunk.

Kelly

Sounds like he knows his audience. Who really watches The Apprentice anyway?! Not counting the Brett Michaels thing.

I like Pauly D. He's most definately easier on the eyes than "The Situation." It's funny as heck when he screams "Cabs are here!" He seems like he's just a happy person. Life hasn't jaded him yet.

hehe

agree it was a smart move. apprentice jumped the shark a long time ago. all the tasks are bogus. especially the celeb edition where all they do is call up rich friends to donate money

artie help

pauly can d.j. every night get paid and not have to listen to the bloviator trump rip him up . smart move to the kid from RI.

ManiacalZebra

At least he knew he would totally embarrass himself and passed. There's nothing like looking stupid on NETWORK TV.

Bubbles The Chimp

Spin-offs of programmes usually do not last. It is good to see his 15 minutes of fame coming to a close.

USAF Chick

I'm not trying to be mean, I mean I'm a 34 year old gay female...but when is this guy going to come out of the closet?? I don't care how many women he sleeps with or hits on, this guy is covering. I know some men "man-scape" but this guy goes just a bit further. I mean the situation, the Rock...for example man-scape...but this guy is extreme...he might as well just sharpie his eyebrows already!!

Brandy

I think it's "The Situation" who is the one in the closet. I don't say that because he danced at a guy bar I say it because he really seems to be overcompensating for a lot. He's my least favorite on my "dislike them all" scale & the least worthy of any spin off shows.

Eric in L.A.

Pauly realized you have to know how to read something besides hair product bottles to be on the Donalds' show.

CanCan

i think he turned it down because he knew he wasn't that smart and didn't want to make a fool of himself like that a@@hole situation dude did. Maybe he is smart after all.......nah.

alexis drew

So Pauly D, is the first person that comes to mind when they think "Hip Hop"???!!! Those producers are far out of sync with pop culture.

And its smart that he declined them. They would have made a fool outer him, not a good look to have that on your track record.

The Apprentice is for people who are blood thirsty for fame. Good choice Pauly!

Jack

I like that picture of trump on here...it looks like he's 30 yrs old.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments