Willow Smith

Daddy's Latest Tiny Moneymaker

10/19/2010 5:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Will Smith's 9-year-old daughter Willow Smith just dropped a new music video for her mega-hit song "Whip My Hair" -- and everyone's eating it up ... kids, adults, drag queens, even Muppets. Hey, kid's got range.
101910_TV_willow_web_v2_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Gsharon 710

Drop whatever. Don't think kids should deal so much with the public unless it is movies, not shaking their hair. People are entitled to raise their own children but older stars are having problems and children should be sheltered more at this age.

smashlov

Will Smith is officially "bigger" than Tom Cruise.

Kevin

Over hyped, rehab at age 12 I think.

Vanessa

Will looks smaller....must be doing a movie

Hate Jaden n Willow btw :)
The quiet ones are cool

Carl

I'm really worried those kids are going to be messed up as adults. I really wonder how much of this is truly what they want and how much is mom and dad pushing them into it. That kind of pressure is bad, especially when the kids will inevitably be stuck in their parent's shadow (especially Wil's since he is such a huge star) and not matching that success will be thought of as failure.

bring back recent posts

I have very mixed feelings about this, I dooooo LIKE the song AND video!!!....addicting, however, I have heard Willow on that BET show and two things stood out...1) her comment about wat she would do on halloween...( its her b-day)..she said she would ask people if they liked ( or knew) Willow...and then she would take her mask off and say.." IT'S ME"...conceited much???? and then 2) she seemed very vulnerable and started to cry when handed this award that mean't nothing..just too much pressure for such a young bud!..shame on her parents..IMO..we'll c bout the next song..hopefully this is a one hit wonder for her sake..at least till she gets a lil older.

MJ is LOVE

She whip her hair back n forth... Glee was about whipping hair tonight. I bet Jada is talking smack now wit her gurl... you so bad, Willow.. you do whateva you want gurl.

Something is just wrong about all dis.

renee

agree, Kevin. Unfortunately, statistics are against her. Look at all the young kids who are affected by drugs, and too much freedom. There are so many examples.

bring back recent posts

ohhh..and one more thing..she was quoted as saying she wants to make song with Lady Gaga...geeeez, she isn't even outta the barn and she thinks she is Secretariat...

Kelly

Nope, this song is NOT bad It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbie74

Oh, TMZ, do not attempt a blanket statement like that. "everyone is eating it up", "adults, kids,..." blah, blah, blah. Did Will and Jada pay you for the rosy story? Spare me. And no, I am not jealous. Good grief. Next you'll be saying she's the next MJ! If she weren't the spawn of Will/Jada no one would look twice (except to make fun of her look). If you saw her walking down the street you would wonder where the eff that kids parents are!

Joann

Oh please TMZ, everyone is not eating up that silly song. It's a kid song and I'm sure the kids will like it but I'm an adult and there is no song I will run out and buy that is sung by a 9 year old and I don't care who her parents are.

Get real TMZ...you just saying that because Willow is the daughter of Will and Jada.

Steve

People are so used to crap music they have no grid anymore for quality it seems. Common this is rich kid school talent show quality. Just cause your dads rich and famous does not make you a great talent. Will smith is a innovative genius his kids are not. Dude just be a dad don't got to get the world watching every step. She is a little girl let her be. This is something for sleep overs and things like that not on mtv just cause your dad freak en amazed us. There are people really talented instead people are buying into shallow hype. If this is what she wants to do with her life get her training help her develop it. Do not through her in front of the world it feels very exploitive.

janja

sad to say there's no way that would even be on the radio if she wasn't related to Mr. Smith. I hope it's made for little kids that song is not under the word good. It's just an awful song. Keep trying maybe when your a bit older and your voice has developed a little more and you have better material.

sam