Whitford and Kaczmarek -- Divvying Up the Goodies

10/23/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bradley Whitford and Jane Kaczmarek finalized their divorce earlier this week -- and the two split everything as evenly as possible ... except when it came to the children. But we're not talking custody, we're talking taxes.

1022_bradley_whitford_Jane_Kaczmarek_GETTY_EX
According to docs filed earlier this week, the two could not have been more amicable in their divorce. They've divided up their assets evenly, they're sharing custody of their children, and they'll split all costs related to raising their kids ... right down the middle.

But you can't split three kids up evenly when it comes to taxes. According to the papers, Jane gets to claim two of their children as dependents on her taxes -- Bradley gets the third -- until 2014. After that, Bradley gets the two kids in odd numbered years, Jane in even.

As they old saying goes, nothing is certain but divorce death and taxes.

Cartman

Oy! Sounds like a religious arrangement.

JLS

Who are these two? Never heard of them. Must be a slow news day. Or night...

Susan

I still want to know why they split. They seemed like the perfect couple.

St. Louis

Sounds like two decent people trying to do the right thing...so rare during a divorce. To #3: Jane is best known for being the mom in Malcolm in the Middle. Brad is in a new buddy cop show The Good Guys but to me he is and always will be Josh Lyman from the late great series The West Wing, I am so glad that two actors I have enjoyed watching over the years have been shown to be "good guys" in real life. Quite refreshing in a world of venom.

Tom

She is from "Malcolm in the Middle' and he was on West Wing", and "Good Guys".

JLS

Malcolm in the Middle and West Wing? OMG what huge ratings those got lol. Here and gone....

Carvey

Jane Kaczmarek looks more than a little nuts in this particular photo.

I had no idea these two were married.

By the way... Malcolm in the Middle and West Wing were both rather huge ratings grabbers for their time. In fact both are still in reruns on daily basis.

two cents

I was a huge fan of MITM and I really enjoy Good Guys. From everything I've read, they seem like two really decent people, and it's sad for the kids. To be married for 17 years in Hollywood is very rare. I wish them both the best but it's sad anytime there's a divorce with minor children involved. Maybe Mel and Oksie can learn something from them... Class.

RJ Hunt

He may have lucked out if his show gets picked up...

RJ Hunt

I wanted to add that I also think it's very sad that a 17 year marriage is ending.

Amanda

I still hate that these two split.

Chia

So sad to hear about these two people getting a divorce! Good for them for keeping it civil.

Thank you for reporting on real people.

james

that doesnt put the delicious triscuit ceacker in my stomach, now does it Carl.

Ashley

So sad...I've always liked him as the bad guy on Adam Sandler's Billy Madison.

RC

Bums me out they split - they seemed like one of the few sane couples in Hollywood.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments