T.I. Won't Be Charged in L.A. Drug Arrest

10/25/2010 4:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. is finally getting a break -- TMZ has learned the L.A. County District Attorney has rejected the drug case stemming from his arrest last month ... and we're told there may have been legal problems with the case.

1025_TI_doc_launch_EX_TMZ
As TMZ first reported, T.I. and his wife were busted back on September 1 for possession of a controlled substance.

According to the D.A.'s Office, they are not going forward with charges because, in essence, he's already been sentenced to prison since the arrest was a violation of his federal probation.

However, law enforcement sources tell TMZ, there were significant legal issues over probable cause which led to T.I.'s arrest.

Cops claimed they smelled marijuana but no pot was ever booked into evidence.  And, we're told ...T.I. was pulled out of his $250,000 Maybach immediately after he made the illegal U-turn and prior to any registration check.

Duh

Awesome! oh, and First!

Mike

DWB!! Plain and simple.

Jay

TI seems like a good person and he is very talented unlike many of the "musicians" of today. Sucks he still is going to prison even though he wont be charged. That is one thing I do not agree with when it comes to probation. If someone is arrested and not charged with a crime I do not think they should have to go to prison for violating probation since they are not formally charged with comiting a crime. I was for TI going back to the pokey but that was before the charges were dropped. Also I doubt the DA isnt charging him because he is going to jail for a violation, if there was enough to nail him on they would.

Weasel

So what?

He still violated his parole. Send this low rent(C)rapper back in the can. Plus that staged suicide stunt in Atlanta made him look like a fool. Mentally challenged low rent thug. Get ready to have that salad tossed T.I.!

RyogaVee

Let him out. Sounds like they planted it on him

Carl

Clearly he is is guilty of driving while black.

Kev

I like how the cops pull people over because they "smell" pot. That must be the new thing since they also used that excuse when they pulled Paris Hilton over. "I smelled pot" and "stop resisting" are their catch phrases.

HoJoe

Racism is alive and well dominant in the legal system black celebs white celebs drugs rehab etc etc

Machelle

Wait a minute. Then how
can they put him away if
they aren't going forward
with the case that got him
arrested in the first place??

MIDNIGHT TOKER

and your any better arnie..do you sit around in a governement sponsered home calling out people who feel the need to say first..please tell me you have something better to do..duh

MIDNIGHT TOKER

the real crime he commited was having such a butt ugly girlfriend

bring back recent posts

LMAO @ Arnie!!! hahaha

lw

T.I. is an idiot but this sounds off to me. That arrest was the parole violation that got him sentenced to almost a year in prison and now they are saying there's not enough evidence to pursue it? There are probable cause issues? That calls the legality of the arrest itself into question and he has grounds to challenge it, I would imagine. If it is in fact an arrest without probable cause, then it should not count as a parole violation or at the very least his sentence should be reduced.

m.b.

YA. Our jails and prisons are over run with people that really NEED to be there.

BabyimmaStar

yeahh T.I. ppl begged the judge to give him a second chance but he did violated probation but far as drug he should get the right to g o to rehab or if he needs it ; im happy he doesnt have to be away from his kids for another 11 months ; and get to stay be at home i hope he truly stay out of trouble and dont see him on the news again ! ;

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments