Charlie Sheen Hospitalized After Drinking Binge

10/26/2010 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen was hospitalized early this morning after a drinking binge that ended with Charlie allegedly trashing his NYC hotel room.

0823_charlie_sheen_tmz_ex
New York City police were called by security at The Plaza Hotel, who reported a disturbance in Charlie's suite.  When cops entered just after 2 AM, they found Charlie drunk and naked.  Chairs had been thrown around the room and a chandelier was damaged.

We're told an unidentified woman in the room told cops Charlie flew into such a rage that she locked herself in the bathroom and called security.  There's also a report out that Charlie accused the woman of stealing his wallet.

Police sources say Charlie went voluntarily and that Charlie was "intoxicated, irrational" and "emotionally disturbed." Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Charlie was "emotionally disturbed" and they gave him a choice -- go to the hospital or jail.  Charlie chose option 1.

Sources who have spent time with Charlie recently say he's been "a tortured soul for months" and his friends openly talked about how they feared for his life.  Another source very close to Charlie echoed the fear that Charlie's most recent downturn could end tragically.

Charlie's rep just put out a statement that the actor was hospitalized after suffering an allergic reaction to medication ... though the information conflicts with what TMZ has confirmed ... that drinking was a factor.

"Two and a Half Men" is on hiatus this week and Charlie isn't due back on the set until next Tuesday.  We're told producers have a jet ready in NYC to fly Charlie home today.

Sources connected with the actor tell us he'll fly into L.A. this evening and he'll go right home.  Sheen won't be staying at Promises in Malibu -- where he's stayed on and off since earlier this year.

People connected with the show tell us ... Charlie doesn't think he needs to go back to rehab, even though some of his friends and associates tell us the situation is pretty desperate.

Cops did not find any evidence of drug use in Charlie Sheen's NY hotel room early this morning ... this according to law enforcement sources.

1026_charlie_sheen_footer

Back to the Future: Now & Then!

To celebrate the release of the "Back to the Future" trilogy on Blu-ray today, a few of the cast members held a reunion last night in NYC.

1026_back_future_welcome_launch
To mark the first movie's 25th anniversary, warm up your flux capacitors to 1.21 gigawats -- and see how Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd), Lorraine Baines (Lea Thompson) and Clara Clayton (Mary Steenburgen in "Part III") have changed.

Great Scott!

If They Were Pregnant...

(Which they AREN'T) they might look a little something like this!

1022_pretend_pregnant_launch

TMZ's Pumpkin Carvin' Contest -- Cut It Out!

The pumpkin pictures poured into the TMZ newsroom for our Second Annual Pumpkin Carvin' Contest -- so check out all the spooky snapshots!

1022_pumpkin_carving_contest_launch
Be sure to check back on Monday to vote for which carefully carved picture should score the $250 prize and some great gifts from TMZ!

**CLICK HERE for contest rules and regulations!**

1019_pumpkin_carving_stencil_footer

Riff Raff in 'Rocky Horror': Memba Him?!

Richard O'Brien is best known for playing Riff Raff in the 1975 cult classic "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." Guess what he looks like now!

1022_memba_launch

MJ

Just another, of many, hollywood losers, over paid, over publisized, druggies. It's a sad shame that he and recent loser wife had to go and bring those twins into the world. For what? For this? No child deserves such aweful parents.

Don

Charlie Sheen is and has been totally out of control for a long time. It has nothing to do with the medications he takes. He is a pot head over paid sexist that has the world at his finger tips, and is to stupid to realize that most guys would give anything to be in his professional shoes. As for his TV show,
it gets more disgusting each week with its vulgar material. Last nights show was utterly disgusting. What happened to TV decency? I think our society is getting sicker each and every year anymore. Doesn't anyone care what they shopw on TV anymore?Two and a Half Men needs to be moved to "LATE NIGHT".

The good Dr.

All anyone needs to do is watch this season ....and see Charlie grinding his teeth....looking like he's going to jump out of his skin til his next line of coke.

john

Don't hate the player hate the game.You people are in another world from this guy. If you had his $$$$$ half you guy's would act the same. Haters all of ya, go to bed now

Rafaelle Zuccaro

This guy , instead of being called a "star", should be called The degenerate, decadent F---head that appears on the TV show as the A-=hole Supreme, who is watched by other F--ing Stupid viewers who dont have a decent brain in their heads- IDIOTS who actually support his sponsors !!!

David

Charlie Sheen is pathetic!! PERIOD!!!

But then so are the sponsors- face the facts it is all about the money!

john

Hey Charlie love ya like a brother keep up the good work if you need someone to watch your back .I'm your man, f#$% everyone else live for you brother. There haters I live vicariously thru you.

otis

charlie is my hero

GIGI

HARVEY I SENT IT AND YOU DIDN'T SEND ME THE REPLY THING AND I AM LIKE TOTALLY PISSED AT YOU BECAUSE I AM LIKE YOUR OLDEST FAN OF THE SHOW 69 YRS. OLD. NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO MY CHARLIE THING COMMENT, BUT YOU WASTED A DAMN GOOD ONE!
GAIL

GIGI

YES I DO UNDERSTAND ALCOHOLISM. I HAVE A SON DYING OF THAT PLUS ADDICTION TO PAIN KILLERS. THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD I WOULDN'T DO TO HELP HIM BUT I CANNOT!
WHAT I HATE IS THAT CHARLIE SHEEN IS A TOTAL FRIGGIN ASS PERIOD! THE AMOUNT OF MONEY HE MAKES IS A DISGRACE!! I DO BELIEVE IN HIS MIND HE HATES WOMEN PERIOD! HE IS HATEFUL AND MEAN TO THEM...HE'S HAD PLENTY OF CHANCES TO GET WELL, UNLIKE MY SON THAT CAN'T AFFORD ALL THE EXPENSIVE REHABS HE CAN, BUT IT'S LIKE HE IS LAUGHING IN EVERYONE'S FACE. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED PEOPLE NEED TO SHUT HIS PROGRAM OFF WHEN IT COMES ON. WE HAVE ENOUGH HYPOCRITES IN HOLLYWOOD THIS ONE WE DON'T NEED THROWN IN OUR FACES.

Sharja

This guy is a male version of Lyndsey Lohan and people need to see him for what he is. He's an out of control addict that needs help, not everyone enabling him.

dickjohnnumber9

charlie bang em then forget em comon man get loaded with some protection then forget em dont let ur good times get wrapped up in the legal system like manson

Nicksterf

You have helped many people today to stop and remember. I have 7874 days, by God's grace, and your actions, that I must stay away from scotch, one day at a time. You have been blessed Charlie by being a son, brother, father....It matters not if one is rich or poor when under the control of anything we cannot fight against. I will be praying for the people that love you so much, family & friends. Call me, Charlie, I have no agenda. I do have the same days of madness, hurting those that loved me the most, on my stage in life. Your stage has helped me today to stay away. I pray your stage in life tomorrow will help me because you can & will be the son, brother, husband & father that you were meant to be. I know there will be a day when I do not get back into the madness because I will have seen what a good person you are on the stage of life. It is simply there for you, Charlie

dickjohnnumber9

with his money he should buy a cheap island go crazy avoid the police go crazy then crash out and report to the set and put on a big act.

michael

hey charlie keep getting drunk maybe youl kill your self.