'Office' Star -- 'It Sucks' Steve Carell Is Leaving

10/29/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mindy Kaling -- who plays Kelly Kapoor on "The Office" -- is pretty bummed out that Steve Carell is leaving the show after this season ... telling us, "It sucks."

Steve Carell leaving The Office
Kaling was leaving a Links of London event in L.A. last night -- adding, "I'm sad [Steve] is going to leave."

But the question is ... without Michael Scott ...

MIDNIGHT TOKER

this show sucked anyways

awards

She is a two bagger! Yikes!

Slash

The whole show has been declining over the last couple of seasons and continues to suck worse each episode. I WON'T be watching, but it's not because he's leaving. It's simply because the writing is HORRIBLE.

Carl

It is still the best sit com on TV now. While I like it, that is more a statement on how crappy the genre has gotten. How things like 2.5 Men get huge ratings is beyond me. At least the Office has good writing and while it has jumped the shark it is still watchable.

John

No, I will not watch because I have never watched this crappy show. In fact, I really don't watch anything except sports anymore because hollyweird had completely lost the ability to put anything new together. All we have now is reality crap and remakes.

Hep

I voted "no," but I didn't start up watching it again this season. It's lost its punch without even "jumping the shark."

The show to watch nowadays is Modern Family.

kickaboo

She just left her stylist, seriously?

GOLLY

I might start watching it after he leaves. I can't stand Steve. I think he is the worst actor ever.

Steve

The office is terrible now. First they had that guy from the Guy Ritchie movie's come in as a boss, then the company going bankrupted & sold & the two managers. It's just become so lame & hard to enjoy.
Reminds me of the Drew Carey show when they kept having bad thing after bad thing happen to Drew. Nothing good ever. People got sick of it & quit watching.
Same thing with the office.

Stupid People Hater

The show should end without Michael Scott. It could go on without a few of the other but in my opinion he and dwight are two that need to stay for the success of the show to continue. It should just end though.

Joey

The show is dying and has been for at least the last two seasone. He is smart to get out now. Is Harvey Kietel taking his place

sweetdee88

i'll start watching again after he leaves. i just couldn't stand his character anymore i stopped watching. i hope the focus on the other characters who are actually funny instead of just annoying!

samson

I don't remember this woman being on The Office. And who's Steve Carell? Did he play a bartender in the David Bowie episode or something?

moonmaid

'The Office' was never the same after the Hollywood writer's strike of 2007-2008. The season ending kiss between the characters of Jim and Pam was one of the most shared euphoric moments I've ever seen on message boards everywhere. Then the next season of hoping that true love would find a way. And, it seemed to, Jim and Karen ending their relationship and Pam's reaction to Jim asking her out. Then the strike, the too long wait for the next season, and, it opens with Pam and Jim already living together. What? The relationship between Jim and Pam wasn't written the way fans wanted it to develop, in my opinion. It seemed to be written as 'okay, they're together, on to other things', and Pam and Jim became sort of dull. No, the show isn't a romance, but, you have to give the viewers what they want. Does anyone agree with me?

samson

...oh wait, David Bowie was Extras. Still don't remember her though.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments