'Sound of Music' Actor: They Left Me Out Of Reunion

10/30/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Daniel Truhitte -- who played the young Nazi soldier Rolfe in "The Sound of Music" -- is screaming from the hilltops ... devastated he wasn't invited to the "Music" reunion special on "Oprah."

1029_sound_of_music_2

Daniel's lederhosen are in a wad over the "Oprah" special that aired on Thursday -- which was billed as the first time in 45 years that the "entire cast" has been in the same place. O featured all eight members of the Von Trapp family, plus Julie Andrews.

But Daniel -- who played the love interest of Liesl Von Trapp and famously sang "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" -- tells TMZ he doesn't understand why he was left out, saying "I was the male juvenile lead, a main part of the story ... it's beyond me."

Daniel groused, "How can you not include Rolfe?"

A rep for the show tells TMZ, "Our show was a reunion of the von Trapp 'family.' Mr. Truhitte's character was not part of that group."

Sal Corrente

www.dantruhitte.com is where you can see what Dan looks like today.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

eleanor parker who?
was she the old crone that fell off the titanic grabbing at the stone in the movie titanic

Jackie

I can't stand Oprah....She is f!cked up with promoting music, movies instead of keeping the news....aww....am glad she is retiring...oh..god!...she is so full o ****

nonparieldolls

He will probably get more attention for being left out than if he had been included LOL. He looks great! Hope the buzz generates some additional work for him. He did a fantastic job in "Sound of Music" when he danced with Lisel (sp?) and sang "16 Going on 17".

Truly, if you're going to say "entire cast" of SoM, some effort should have been made to include ALL the important cast members who are still with us. It wasn't a "reunion of the Von Trapp family" since none of the actors are actual members of the Von Trapp family LOL. And seriously, with all the money Oprah has, I think they could have included a few more cast members. Really.

Good luck, Daniel!

en Todo Momento!!

dude! you played a dirty filthy nazi! what the hell do you expect??! wondrous praise???!!! ;D!!

Fiama

I wondered where he was. This was a terrible and unfair omission. Oprah blew it.

Allison

Even though he wasn't part of the family. My daughter and I said the same thing. Where was Rolfe ??

Susanna

Oprah should of included him!! I will be glad when shes off the air.

SiouxCityBoy

He has a legitimate complaint. #5 is right-it was pitched as a reunion of the whole cast. The only reason I can think of that would have caused his omission was if Julie didn't want to appear next to another contemporary actor that looks so much younger than her. He has kept himself together...as for Julie, the gal needs to retire...or take gigs playing Norma Desmond. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up,"

Superman

3. It wasn't advertised as a reunion of the Von Trapp Family it was advertised as a reunion of the ENTIRE cast of The Sound of Music.

Posted at 2:56 AM on Oct 30, 2010 by Sal Corrente
----------------

EXACTLY!! But, who cares? It's Oprah. I bet underneath her whole persona and enterprise is thousands of skeletons in her closet. And besides that movie was a farce; if you can't tell the real story like it happened, then don't tell it at all!

Common Sense

The escape story would not be as memorable if Rolfe had not blown his whistle.
I hope this unfortunate situation make gallons of Lemonade for him.

Andy25

Yeh, this sounds really pathetic! If this was truly
billed as a reunion of the "entire cast", this guy should
sue. He has a legitimate case. I'm serious. That could
mean money to his career. It's also a bad emotional blow.
I'd take that case.

Kathy

nh

"There were several other high profile parts who would have had to be included if they had gone outside the Von Trapp family. Yes they did say the enitre cast but even I understood it was just the family. It was a big cast so it is just common sense they meant the family members."

Very well put, I agree totally. Frankly, his self-centered, whiny complaint reminds me of...Rolf! I guess he played himself, or he's still playing Rolf...

CarolynAB

What is he, 16 going on 17?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments