Demi Lovato Quits Tour

Enters Treatment Center

11/2/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Disney star Demi Lovato has bailed on an international concert tour with the Jonas Brothers -- and has checked into a treatment center to seek help for "emotional and physical issues" ... TMZ has confirmed through the singer's rep.

1101-demi-lovato-ex-1

In a statement to TMZ, the 18-year-old singer's rep says, "Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time."

We're told Demi is not seeking treatment for drug use.

The statement continues, "Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help.  She is doing just that."

The rep concludes, "[Demi] regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."

Sources close to Lovato tell us the singer was in a physical altercation with a female member of her tour recently ... which was a "catalyst" in her decision to seek professional help.

1101_demi_lovato_footer_V2

Danielle

she has bulimia. So does miley.

wtf

Demi Lovato is the next Lindsay Lohan.

Bellaca

Also, I love the photo. She has a lazy eye. Lol!

My two cents ;)

Physical and emotional um, isn't that red flag for anorexia and/or bulimia? I had that and have been in recovery since March 24, 2008. Her body is probably a mess, her hormones out of sync and it is a really tough issue to recover from. God bless and watch over you Demi

Marissa

Um, wow. She's like the last person I would think would go to rehab.

Danielle

she tweeted this once.

“I need you to know, I’m not through the night.. Some days I’m still fighting to walk towards the light.”

The song is “Courage” by Super Chick, and if you read the lyrics, it’s a heartfelt tune about the struggles of anorexia. Some more lyrics go like this:

“I told another lie today
And I got through this day
No one saw through my games
I know the right words to say
Like “I don’t feel well”
“I ate before I came”

she has a eating disorder. and everyone thought she was a cutter before...she has issues.

My two cents ;)

I hope she gets help before her body parts give out..I lost my appendix, gall bladder, ovary and other body parts because of eating disorders my body was literally eating itself and when I did eat it really was painful...after 6 emergency surgeries my body still suffers even after a year and a half of no relapses. I am praying for her and anyone else who has an eating disorder.

Abby

This is so disgusting. Demi is being incredibly brave and strong by seeking help, and something so personal DOES NOT deserve to be splashed all over the tabloids. And to all the idiotic commenters speculating on what her problem is: you don't know anything about her life. How dare you acuse someone you've never met of doing coke or being pregnant.

JoeChief

"Everyone can't handle show biz..Looks like she's through."

Yeah tell that Robert Downey Jr. He only stared in two huge summer block buster movies...

Throwback kid

I blame the JONAS BROTHERS! damn you Jonas Brothers!They put Demi through an emotional roller coaster. The mind games must have broken Demi, who by the way seems to be a couple of cans short of a six pack.

KOKO

Sounds like she got into a girl fight on tour & the rehab is her way of avoiding a nasty lawsuit. No drugs, no bullemia, just avoiding charges.

Robert

Nah duh she had an argument with Joe Jonas GF **** being next to an EX i would be pissed with just seeing them in the tour.

Mia

Well, I'm glad Demi didn't go to rehab for drug use. :) Hope she gets better.

Sasha

Demi is a very strong person and i admire her for doing what is best for her own health.
Everyone is saying she has an eating disorder or she got pregnant of is on drugs - it doesn't matter what it is. She is a very strong person and has been through so much in her 18 years on this earth. She knows what is best for her once she is done in rehab she will be back on top as number # teen star.
GOOD LUCK DEMI
I LOVE YOU
STAY STRONG

mystery person

I think it is Joe Jonas falt,Think about Joe broke up with Demi Lovato because it was getting to personal, then a few months latter he dated Ashley Green Kiss her in public and brought her on tour.