Demi Lovato Quits Tour

Enters Treatment Center

11/2/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Disney star Demi Lovato has bailed on an international concert tour with the Jonas Brothers -- and has checked into a treatment center to seek help for "emotional and physical issues" ... TMZ has confirmed through the singer's rep.

1101-demi-lovato-ex-1

In a statement to TMZ, the 18-year-old singer's rep says, "Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time."

We're told Demi is not seeking treatment for drug use.

The statement continues, "Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help.  She is doing just that."

The rep concludes, "[Demi] regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."

Sources close to Lovato tell us the singer was in a physical altercation with a female member of her tour recently ... which was a "catalyst" in her decision to seek professional help.

1101_demi_lovato_footer_V2

dumas1000

An eating disorder and self-mutilation, ei, cutting herself. That's what she's been treated for, according to the Associated Press. The Associated Press is a very reliable source.

gigi

Quite insensitve some of you are. Yes, an 18 year old girl can have emotional and physical problems, and it doesn't always have to be due to abuse, drugs, ects. They have pediatric wards in psych hospitals. Plenty of young ones get treatment.

TD

------------------------
What is the age of your readers? I for one am not interested in Disney kids.

Posted at 5:31 PM on Nov 1, 2010 by Chia
------------------------

What kind of idiot are you? You're not interested? And yet, here you are, knowing WHO this person is, having READ the entire thread to find out, know, and comprehend, and then spend the time to write a comment about it.

Yeah, THAT is showing that you don't care.

Pathetic!!

Paloma

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to crack too & I'm not on display for millions of people to ogle and criticize. I can just imagine the pressure this girl has faced over the years having to work from being a child to support her greedy parents. I feel sorry for her & hope she doesn't end up like Brittany Spears.

dumas1000

I already told you people. She's being treated for self-mutilation. There's a lot of private shame in something like that. It's not easy to just come out and talk about that. ITS NOT DRUG OR SUBSTANCE ABUSE-RELATED. DUH. Self-mutilation is a mental illness. So would be anorexia and/or Bulimia. These are both significant self esteem issues.

tania

I have so much respect for Demi & think she is a great performer & a great model for young girls. Even more now that she has made such a mature decision to seek treatment for whatever she may need... Best of luck to you Demi!

Superman

She looks like she's grown into a snotty bitch with a bulimia problem. Probably all that attention has gone to her head. And yet, I never even heard of her before. Why can't these insecure people just enjoy the free ride instead of trying to act like they are superior to others?!? Send her back to wherever Disney found her.

meagan

Seriously some people are rude. For someone who has been bullied all her life it's hard. She's constantly still bullied, and heart broken, and is pressured to keep an image. That life is hard and she's young. She's a teenager, yes she cut herself but teenagers do that because it helps them cope. For some people it's all they can do to remove the pain. At least she's being a responsible teenager and getting help for herself. I am proud of her for getting help. I support Demi with everything in me, I loved and supported her since day 1 and I will till the day I die. And I know where she's coming from since I am in her position just not famous, but I know how she feels.

RJ Hunt

At least she is doing the right thing...and not pulling a LiLo...Good luck to her and hope she get her sheeit right...

Major Wood

"Sources close to Lovato tell us the singer was in a physical altercation with a female member of her tour recently ..."
---------------------------------------------------------------
Meow!! Gotta love a good cat fight!

happilywed

My guess is an eating disorder like bulimia and associated depression.

Kiara:)

the other reason was because of a eatting disorder and she was cutting herself.. it's really sad.

gage cantrell

really? you people are really doing this to her? god you people are insane!!! leave her alone..let her have her time alone maybe thats what she needs...demi you are a big inspiration to me as an actor...please lay low and get some rest...i hope you feel better soon cause id hate to lose you, you are the only celeb i lok up to...good luck demi!!

CaptainClaudius

Whether you like Demi Lovato or can't stand her, it is sad that someone as young as 18 who, from her perspective, is living her dream. I don't think any of us will really ever know what the poor girl is dealing with and we should feel sad that someone as young as 18 seems to be self-destructing. I'm sad that her and her family have to deal with this and hopefully she'll return to the scene in better control and with a better support system.

ikelseyx

Some of your comments are absolutely awful. Do you know this teen was bullied back in middle school? So stop saying awful things like "she did coke on tour", you don't know anything. Whether she is famous or not, she obviously has some issues of her own and it doesn't help when there is people who say rude and hurtful things. I'm glad Demi is so down to earth, and going to seek help for herself. That's the RESPONSIBLE thing to do.