Katherine Jackson -- Joe Not Forcing MJ Kids to Sing

11/9/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's mom says Joe Jackson isn't controlling MJ's kids ... or forcing them to be the next Jackson singing group -- and she thinks that came across in the Oprah interview.

110810_jacksons_oprah

The Jackson family rep tells TMZ Katherine Jackson believes Prince, Paris, and Blanket "expressed their own desires to be in the entertainment business" during the sitdown with O.

Katherine also says she hopes fans "don't think anyone like Joe or the family is pushing the kids" ... a not-so thinly veiled reference to Joe infamously pushing Michael and his brothers to do that whole Jackson 5 thing.

Katherine and the kids watched Monday's Oprah together -- and we're told Mama Jax was particularly happy she got to talk about, "Never Can Say Goodbye" ... her tribute book to Michael.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

newbz

somebody give joe jackson some credit for christ sakes the man lead/pushed/abused/guided them all to incredible wealth even if an ass whipping took place now and then come on where would they all be with out him gimmie/him a break...jeez..

Chelsea

I LOVED how Blanket wiped his mouth and nose before shaking stinkys Os Hand hahahaha I laughed! love you michael.

Chelsea

The kids look beautiful! x

Sam

Finally some more MJ news today...Only reason I come to this site.

l

I
LOVE
MJ!

natasha

Good for the family, they're very tslrned and will exceed in whatever they persur. I don't think anyone is forcing them to be anything they want to be in the entertainment industry like their parents and aunts and uncles.

em

Paris has really pretty eyes!
They seem like wonderful kids.

Ginger

They are very attractive children. I wish Debbie Rowe was able to claim them and finish raising them. I imagine she's not able to or no telling what would happen. As for Joe forcing them to perform, of course he will if he gets a chance. He's not fooling anyone.

Elissa

Michael's children are SO CUTE! They are so much like their dad MJ.:)

King of TMZ

$ony did a big mistake experimenting on fans with Jason Malachi Crap.

Not Buying the album.

Not buying anything $ony or Creepy Japanese.

F**k $ony.

Elissa

Notice when cow Oprah said "And....here comes the children!!" Kenya, the dog of MJ's kids came running out there also, lol. That was so cute. lol

Hime

MJ's kids are not MJ's kids. In spirit, sure, but not biologically. As such, I really don't see why anyone would have any interest in them being in the entertainment industry. Furthermore, seeing how it destroyed all of her children, I think it's pathetic Mrs Jackson is supporting the idea.

Lastly, those are some unattractive children. Good thing they're not really Michael's. They don't have any of hi charisman, and don't look like Jacksons whatsoever (or half black, for that matter).

FlowerPower

Posted at 12:40 AM on Nov 9, 2010 by Chelsea

That was funny, Opie got a handful:-)
-----------------------------------------
Posted at 2:18 AM on Nov 9, 2010 by Hime

You sir are an idiot!

sofi

I wonder who the rep is? Anyway katherine still supports her husband and what is really sad is that while poor Michael was alive she portrayed the silent,obedient wife of a tyrant who couldn't stand up to him.Now we see a different person.I am really worried about the children and believe like Ginger that they should live with Debbie.

Cathy

Posted at 12:58 AM on Nov 9, 2010 by Ginger
____________________________________________________________

Not able to? Debbie Rowe isn't interested in raising those children and never was! She was never interested in being a mother, and that's a big part of the reason Michael took her up on her offer to have the two kids in the first place! Diana Ross also clearly has ZERO interest in raising more children. In this sense, you have to thank God for the Jackson family. If not for them, where would the children be now? Probably in foster care. It seems clear to me that for better or worse, the children WANT to be with the Jacksons. When will the fans accept that?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments