« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Sugar Shane Mosley: I Was Busted for Goin' 130 MPH

11/10/2010 8:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Boxer Sugar Shane Mosley isn't just fast in the ring -- dude was recently busted by police for burning up the freeway at speeds of up to 130 MPH ... at least that's what he says.

Sugar Shane Mosley arrested:
Mosley happened to be leaving court in L.A. during the middle of Mel Gibson mania -- telling us he had to deal with an $85 ticket for being a little too punchy with the gas.

Dude also talked about the upcoming Manny Pacquiao/Antonio Margarita fight this weekend -- and told us which one of the guys he wants to fight next.

Check out the clip.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Teri

Hell 85 dollars ticket for going 130 mph were the hell was he in North Dakota, thats about right for there but Cali bull!!!!!

CaliSunChick

I call BS. I live in California, and have my entire life. Doing 130mph here is a misdemeanor and reckless driving at the VERY least. And I've NEVER heard of an $85 ticket in this state. Not for the most minimal infraction (even non-moving violations).

Nostradamus

85 bucks to drive 130 mph? Sounds totally worth it, sign me up.
Seriously.
Wish we could do that in IL.

Andolini

You effing idiot..you could of taken a worthy life unlike your own with that speed..You has been..And you have never been that good of a boxer to begin with anyway..loser

Rx420isRAD

complete bs... he would have his license taken away on the spot. and a ticket for going 85 in a 70 was $190 or something...

Andreia C

There is no way in hell his ticket was $85. Maybe $85 plus penalty assessments. I use to work for court and that's BS. If your over 100mph the judge either slightly reduces the base bail and doesn't grant traffic or I've seen them revoke someones license.

Dorian

Mosley is an idoit..You only need to follow him on twitter to understand that..He was showing off to some little hip hop twitter groupies in his car and got ketched Idoit!

Brian

There is no way in hell he got an $85 speeding ticket in LA. The last speeding ticket I got here cost me around $250 and that was for doing about 80 mph on the freeway. A cell phone violation ticket may run around $85, but speeding, especially at speeds over 100 mph, no freaking way.

All ur OONTZ r belong 2 us

This dude should have his license revoked indefinitely. And the audacity he has to appear smug in the accompanying photo makes me ill.

Throw the book at him! Which would mean in Cali, you can lose your drivers license if caught driving 100 mph or more. California Vehicle Code 22348(b)(1) allows a judge to leave you with a suspended drivers license for 30 days if your caught doing 100 mph. Speeding tickets in California are infractions. That means you cannot be sentenced to jail for just speeding.

BOIEMACHO

MOSLEY IS BS. THE PENALTY FOR 90+ MPH IS JUST LIKE DUI.

Carl

No way you'd only get an $85 ticket for doing at least 60mph over the speed limit.

misssm

He is so full of it. I was going 80 mph on the freeway and got a $271 ticket. Anything 25 mph or over is considered reckless driving, and you usually lose your license for something like that.

Angie

While $85 is a small price to pay for speeding and would do little to detract Mosley as well as other drivers from committing the same offense, the cost next time may be greater -- an accident can occur which may hurt or kill people. Speeding is the one of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents...and while Mosley may have money to burn, there is really no price for the value of human life.

banay 007

thats bull ihave a 99miles an hour and the cop suspend my license and a fine of 500 something dollars plus point in my license

chris

Boiemacho - No the penalty for going over 90mph is not just like DUI. In any county in California. About 8 years ago, I got a ticket outside Modesto on I5 doing 111mph and about 5 years ago I got a ticket in Hemet on I10 doing 104mph. but tickets were close to ridiculously expensive (close to $500) much more than mosley is talking about. but there was no suspension or revocation.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments