Obama:

Turkey Pardon is Like 'Dancing with the Stars'

11/24/2010 1:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

President Obama let the jokes fly during his turkey pardoning ceremony this morning -- comparing the turkey competition to "Dancing with the Stars" ... if the show murdered the contestants who didn't make the cut.

Obama Pardons Turkey
Obama explained that each bird had to compete in a feathery beauty pageant set to music -- insisting it was like a "turkey version of 'Dancing with the Stars' ... except the stakes for the contestants was much higher."

He continued, "Only one pair would survive and win the big prize -- LIFE ... and an all expenses paid trip to Washington ... where they've been living it up on corn feed at the W hotel."

Obama concluded, "The W Hotel has really been putting them up?? It's great advertising."

Wanda

There's no need to kill any turkeys.
Go vegan!

CoolKid

He's such a coward. Can pardon a turkey and stand there saying 'Uh Uhh Uhh' for 15 minutes but can't address the Chinese missile launched on our coast or address the North/South Korea issues.

COWARD.

triplea

very cool! I really like this President and I'm very proud of him.

SaraBellum

I think it's in poor taste.

triplea

CoolKid: Another idiot wanting another war, like we can afford it anyway. Cowards are the ones that send our soldiers to get killed for nothing like Bush and Cheney, those are real COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Mary

I'm having a Tofurky.

Torrance

It's absolutely disgraceful and disgusting 45,000,000 turkeys are killed each year for a stupid holiday. Slaughtering is tragic on all levels yet everybody laughs like it's some great big joke.

Miss Mary

#11 - You are so right. It makes me ill every year. A co-worker just laughed at me yesterday when I said what you are saying now. Such ignorance . . . and lack of empathy.

SaraBellum

@ Torrance...

Yeah 45,000 are killed for turkey dinners. Well DUH! They were raised just for that purpose. What else would you do with that many turkeys?

Wanda

I want to wish a wonderful vegan Thanksgiving to all my fellow non-turkey eaters. I'm happy our group is growing.

juju

Hell, George W Bush pardoned them, and THEN flew them out to Disneyworld to ride in the Thanksgiving Day parade.

Stop it with the hypocrisy right wing nuts.

Maybe they needed the extra security so Sarah Palin couldn't break in and, instead of pardoning them, grind them up on national TV. "Here's your Thanksgiving dinner kiddies - you betcha!"

Obama is not doing anything more or less than every president has done since JFK - get over it.

kickaboo

SaraBellum

I feel the need to clarify. I don't think it was in poor taste to do the traditional thing with the turkeys, I think it was in poor taste to compare them to DWS contestants.

CJ

Nassau Burglar1: Dude get over yourself and knock off obsessive compulsive repeated posting. We've all seen what your posted. Now make like MJ and Beat It.

zima

IN HIS OWN WORDS,"TOTAL JACKASS!"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments