Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

Roman

RIP dear Leslie! You'll be missed! Thank you for laugh!

Butterfly

We lost another of our favorite actors. Who will replace them? No one! Rest in Peace, Mr.Neilson, Rest in Peace.

Brian

Your excited!? You should see my nipples! LOL You will be missed Mr. Nielsen !!!

NYLA Princess

I cannot believe it!! We has just watched his movie this Thanksgiving weekend - Naked Gun 2 1/2 and wondered what projects he was up to lately. I cannot believe you can contract pneumonia in Fort Lauderdale. Too bad. I pray he is resting in peace and his family is comforted for their loss.

JackAssin

If there's a place in The Business for him there's a place for Lindsay Lohan!

kitty

he was such a great guy im so sad rip mr Neilsen MANY A FUNNY BONE WILL MISS YOU..

dan

Surely he will be missed.
RIP

renato garcia

he very in brazil
good bye leslie nielsen!!!

renato garcia

he very in brazil
good bye leslie nielsen!!!

belkis

se fué un grande del cine,me encantaban sus peliculas tenía el don de hacer reir r.i.p

Andrew

He was wonderful! I was working as a waiter back in 1991 in San Francisco when he came into the restaurant, and I went to shake his hand,and he had one of those "hand held" shocking devices ready to go! Always looking for a laugh! I will miss his work and am very saddened by the news. Surely, he will be missed!

chris

I picked a bad day to quit smoking and drinking R.I.P Leslie

kayla

OMG! I loved the when he was on the episode of the Golden Girls and he played Blanche's Uncle and then wound up marrying Dorthy...which both Rue McClanhan and Bea Authur have both passed away as well.

He will be missed along with the other celebs lost in the past couple years.

Lorraine

From a fellow Canadian,rest well in the Heavens. What a funny, giving and down to earth man.

Richard

Surely he was our greatest comic actor.