'16 and Pregnant' Family -- Furious With MTV

12/2/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the families featured on this week's episode of MTV's "16 and Pregnant" is threatening to sue the network -- claiming producers schemed to portray them as reckless, unsupportive relatives.

1201_16_preggers
Kathleen Green (left) -- the grandmother of baby daddy Isiah -- tells TMZ the network "defamed" her family because "nothing that aired is what happened" in real life.

Kathleen tells us MTV set up shots and heavily edited footage in the episode -- which revolves around Isiah, his baby mama Christinna (right) and the birth of their daughter Destiny.

Kathleen says she's particularly upset with a scene involving a DNA test she bought for Christinna -- claiming she came off as a cold-hearted bitch because MTV left out one key detail -- "They didn’t show that [Christinna] had told us she had had sex with some other guy."

Now, Green says her family wants to sue the network for defamation.

Calls to MTV have not been returned.

Kelly

some of u just crack me up if u don't like the show then get off ur lazy a$$es and change the channel and its over and then for the ones that are calling these girls whores and sluts well lets just say I hope your teenage daughter doesn't turn into a slut and whore!!!!!!

KINESHIA

FIRST OF ALL CHILD PLEASE THAT BOY DIDNT WANT 2 GO TO COLLEGE STR8 UP IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HER BEING PREGNANT U COULD TELL HE WANTED 2 STAY WITH HIS FRIENDS MH WHEN HE WAS OFFERED A FOOTBALL SCOLARSHIP SO STOP PRAISING HIM. 2. IT IS THE GRANDMAS BUSINESS CUZ HE IS UNDERAGE AND STAY WITH HOS MAMA OKAY >>>???? 3. IF SOME GIRL SAID SHE HAD SEX WITH ANOTHER DUDE U'D GET A TEST 2. (4. HER MAMA IS WHITE I THINK ANDLEFT HER LIL ASS BEHIND LOL WITH A DUDE SHE KNEW FOR 8 MONTHS SOO IF U DONT THINK SOMETHIN UO U CCCCCCCCRAZY. DEF. SUSPECT

Barbie

Hmmmm... There is something to "DEFAME" here? Seems that happened long ago...

Joseph

Can tv shows in the world of reality "make" things look more so then they are? Yes, But in truth, if its on tape, then it happened. So no matter how the editing was done, if your on video saying crap and such, your cought being who you truly are reguardless of if its put before or after something that happened in time line. This show is a reality nightmare. MTV is trying to push the envolope on shows for people to watch them. But in truth they channel is crap. They should change their name, couse M was suppost to be for Music. Now stands for Moronic TV...

GBeach

I have not read all of the comments but I would like to add my point of view about this show:

I am a grandmother of a very precious 7month old boy. He is my world. His parents are teenagers (my son is the father). I never heard of this show until (name withheld) started talking about it to me. Even she commented that the show does not show the real experience of being a teenager and raising a baby.

I watched the show and its a piece of trash. They glamorize everything and makes being a parent seem easy. If you are a parent, you know how hard it is -- if you are a teenager, it is 100 times harder.

Now, as far as the grandmother in this story; from what I have read; I have to agree, it sounds like she is a money hungry mongrel who needs to shut up! The DNA test or lack of it is of NO concern to her! If Baby Mama has a doubt, then do it. If Baby Daddy has a doubt, then do it. If Baby Grandma has a doubt; who cares! If you ask me, if Baby Mama doubts it -- that is DISGUSTING!!!! She needs to keep her legs closed to every male she sees!!!!

THAT is just MY opinion!

GBeach

THAT is just MY opinion!

Really?

I personally love how, days before the episode aired, when the preview was available on the MTV 16 and pregnant webpage..... This whole family was on there threatening anyone who posted any comments. Myself included! They are even more crazy in person than they were during the filming of this show. True, there were many many more hours of footage taped than what made the final cut. But if anyone should be suing, it should be young Christinna for harassment, slander, defamation of character, child support and anything else a lawyer can come up with. I would gladly testify for MTV against this woman!!!! (just in case your wondering, i'm not related in anyway to either family, but have know the two young parents for many years)

joe mac

She had sex with another guy. SHOCKER. You mean American women are not faithful? SHOCKER.

Posted at 9:22 PM on Dec 1, 2010 by NDNchief

I see a lot of foreign woman doing the same unfaithful s h i t. Another point I want to add here is that this is all a way for crackhead grandma to get more money from a big named corporation. These hood rats sign away all rights to a defaming suit in their contracts and can not sue for how they are portrayed in the show. MTV will definitely win this lawsuit if it is not thrown out first for being a waste of the judicial systems time. Just like Kanye TMZ this story is not news worthy.

mommalama

Why be furious at MTV? You said those horrible things to her. Whether she had sex with someone else or not it is none of the grandmas business. She stated that she had never been with anyone else more than once on that show including that night they tried to get her to take a dna test. That family is horrible and they treated her like a dog. She was there without any family and no support. She had no where else to go. They are the most hateful mean spirited people I have ever seen. Isaihah would do best by completely cutting off ties with them. He is married now, it is time to stick up for his wife. A husband should never let his family treat his wife like that EVER!

DeliciousDee

Grandma - you made yourself look horrible. You would only speak to the child thru your grandson. And at the DINNER table - you bring out the DNA test! Yeah - you're classy. Oh and let's not forget that YOUR grandson chose not to go to college on the scholarship. He chose to face up to his responsibility. You could learn a thing or two from him. No matter what was edited - in or out - you and only you made yourself look bad. Now do as your grandson did - OWN IT!!!!

alex

I saw this episode and it upset me how the Grandma seems to have a big role on everything in this home. They realy bad mouth this 17 young girl and attack her. But the young girl carried herself very well and did the right thing by leaving. The grandma and the family need to get over the fact that the father just wanted to do the right thing even if it cost him a scholarship. Remember it takes two too tangled. Family stop blamming the young girl and stop blamming the show for how you petrayed yourself an evil heartless "Bith".

Look it up

Love that the truth was censored TMZ. Good job

just my opinion

I watch this episode and they treated her so wrong they blame her for evrything that happend they really upset that he didnt go to college but its not just her fault he is to blame to and they didnt blame him and make him take responsibility for anything. She is more than a babymother she is his wife what i found more upsetting is how the woman in his family not happy about him taking care of his daughter and her mother. When u have so many men that will not claim, see or financially deal with there kids. But its clear thats what his grandmother and mom and use to no man being around and taking responsibility.

But she handled herself very well and very mature to be so young and going through alot.

big nuts

Why do so many black women look like transvestites?

jwoolman

If the grandson gave up a scholarship, I can see why grandma is ticked. But there are certainly alternatives - he could still have married her and gone to college. It would be hard, but possible. They would be eligible for government programs like food stamps (maybe even welfare) to get them through the 4 years and then he would be much more employable for years afterward (good investment by the public). He could work while going to college, even getting a job on campus that could be worked around his schedule, or do one semester school/one semester work options. There might also be options for subsidized childcare (allowing her to get a part-time job) and housing on campus for married couples. Student loans might cover the rest, if they were frugal.

He also could ask for an extension of the start of the scholarship, that might be possible (doesn't hurt to ask). Then they could make the bucks on the show, save it, and live off it while he's in college.

Didn't anybody mention these types of options on the show? Didn't anybody talk to him about this? I can't imagine there was no counseling done by the school or scholarship people. It's not like he would be the first person to be married with a kid while in college.