« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Erin Barry: I DID NOT Have Affair with Tony Parker

12/2/2010 10:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman named in the alleged Tony Parker sexting scandal is finally breaking her silence -- adamantly denying that she had an affair with Eva Longoria's husband.

1202_erin_berry_tony_parker_eva_BN

Erin Barry -- wife of Tony's former teammate Brent Barry -- just went to her website and wrote, "I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH TONY PARKER, nor did I 'pursue' Tony Parker."

She continues, "Unfortunately, because our divorces are occurring at the same time, great speculation has been cast on our friendship."

"My friendship with Tony Parker had nothing to do with the end of my marriage (which is painful enough without this added drama), and to assume that we had an affair is naïve, ridiculous, and completely misguided."

See the entire statement after the jump ...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Greetings all,

It has been brought to my attention that people who do not know me think that I have had an affair with Tony Parker. I have received hundreds of emails and phone calls from supportive friends who do know me and know that what is being insinuated about me is a complete lie. I am so busy with my children and law school studies that to take even a few moments out of my day to address this ludicrous issue is an annoyance. I only take the time to explain myself because apparently my silence, as a result of my indifference, has been construed as an admission of guilt. These are my words and this is the last you will hear from me on this subject because I have more important things to do.

I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH TONY PARKER, nor did I “pursue” Tony Parker. Unfortunately, because our divorces are occurring at the same time, great speculation has been cast on our friendship. My friendship with Tony Parker had nothing to do with the end of my marriage (which is painful enough without this added drama), and to assume that we had an affair is naïve, ridiculous, and completely misguided.

Every day I dedicate myself to being a good person and the best Mom that I can possibly be for my two beautiful children. I pride myself on being a Mom first, an advocate for abused children second, and a law student third. Those are the things that are of the utmost importance to me. I have spent my adult life fighting for children who have been victimized so forgive me for not caring when someone tells me that my name is being dragged through the mud.

Salacious rumors are not what keep me awake at night. What keeps me awake is wondering how the 5-year-old who was taken away from her abusive family is sleeping during her first night in a children’s shelter. I worry about friends fighting overseas and whether or not they will return home to their families. I worry about the health of my children, my family, and my friends. I worry about soccer uniforms, carpool, immunizations, baseball practice, paying the bills on time, grocery shopping, the kid’s homework, and so many other things that may seem menial to some people; but to me are everything. Right now I worry about my law school finals… being a first year law student is much scarier than dealing with gossip!

Happy Thanksgiving. My family and I want thank our troops and their families for their sacrifices that enable us to enjoy our freedoms this holiday season.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my website. While you are here I would encourage you to get involved with (or donate to) the children’s organizations that fight child abuse and neglect in San Antonio or your part of the world.

God bless you and your family,

Erin Marie Barry
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

SERIOUSLY!!

So if the Berrys were 'friends' with Eva and Tony ... and Erin had NOTHING to do with this, wouldn't Eva as her friend .. come out and say "IT WAS NOT ERIN"?? And I still don't understand why she would be crying when a reporter called her and just say "no comment"....I am NOT BYING IT!

SERIOUSLY!!

**BUYING IT

noneofyourbusiness

Even if this is not true-she was trying waaaaaaaaaaaay to hard!

She is lucky. If he was my man and I found out it was true,
b i t c h betta run fast cause a whole lotta hair would be snatched out of that head of hers.....

gigi

Sure she didn't.

Jenny

NEITHER PARTYS ARE GOING TO ADMIT TO ANYTHING.

Janett

I totally believe this woman. This is the true meaning of someone that thinks of the things that no one cares about to think about. All the suffering that is going on in the world especially with children being abused, beaten, tourchered or raped by their own father, mother, step, adpotive parents, family member or friend. We all need to be more aware of the signs and not be afraid to ask if there is a concern. If you get a sign, don't ignore it, do something about it. You may save that child from a distructive future. There needs to be more awareness and harsher punishments for evil people like that. The children suffer a lifelong event while the predator gets out and hunts again. To think that right now a child or many children are getting raped or beaten somehwere in this world, doesn't that KILL YOU INSIDE!!

alisemaria

Yeah - just like Bill Clinton 'didn't have sex with that woman', Ms Barry didn't have an 'affair' with Tony Parker.

She prides herself on being a mom first - Her kids must be proud.

alisemaria

She reminds me of Bill Clinton - "No, I did not have sex with that woman."

Celeb Gossip Addict

Is this woman trying to make us think she is a saint? If she is so perfect how did her own marraige fall apart? And is she saying that Tony pursued her? Did she discourage him? Why does she still consider him a friend when his married azz was coming on to her in text messages? She's no saint.

SoundsSuspicious

just a self indulgent whorish, nobody who's continuing her whorish life of f'ing (i.e. Tony) or f'ing over (i.e. Brent & Eva) her way to lack luster mediocrity. you're a waitress at Hooters if it wasn't for Brent. so, going to law school makes you a good person... it's actually par for the course.

SoundsSuspicious

i'm confused... so, you're saying that you didn't swallow...?

Crash

#14, janik. I completely agree. That was my first thought. If she had put her husband on that list of priorities, two families would not be ruined right now.

Rose

Guilty!

Lauren

If you're going to write a smart-ass letter, please be sure to check your grammar before publishing. It helps with that whole credibility thing.
"kid’s"
Should be "kids'," sweetheart.

mike

Well I see she is making good use of her law term dictionary come clean loser you'll feel alot better.Eva and Tony proably could have worked this out if it was just "innocent"texting don't get me wrong Tony ruined his marriage to a talented and beautiful woman but there is more here than B##CH BERRY is saying.