Kurtis Blow Busted for Weed After LAX Body Scan

12/2/2010 2:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... legendary rapper Kurtis Blow was busted at LAX this morning after a TSA body scanner detected an item in his pocket ... a stash of weed.

Kurtis Blow Body Scan
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the body scan detected "an anomaly' in his pants -- yes, we thought that was funny as well.  A subsequent pat down revealed pot in his pocket.

Kurtis received a ticket -- standard operating procedure when it's under an ounce -- and went on his merry way.

These are the breaks ... next time Mr. Blow, try the pat down.

Cooper

Can you be arrested for "stupid"?

awards

Saaaay Whaaaaat? Why the man always dissing the poor man and keeping him down?

tifosi44

Legendary? Never heard of him....ever. Slow news day?

joe mac

That is just wrong weed is natural and we treat it like it causes cancer or liver poisoning.

Colin

See this is the problem, airport security isn't really about security, it's about taking away our civil liberties. I think if they're really just trying to keep us safe, there should be legislation governing what the body scanners are permitted to look for. If I was Kurtis' lawyer, I would suggest that the scanners offer an implied warrant to search for weapons and other items that could pose a danger to passengers on the flight, anything else they find should be excluded.

TRUTHSAYER

This is so dumb, I'd have to say it was done on purpose; pr reasons.

Seriously, who in their right mind would actually bring their drugs with them?!! You can't even carry baby formula!!!

Lame.

Carl

You can get pot anywhere so there is no reason to risk taking through a security checkpoint!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I AM SOO MOVING TO CALIFORNIA.....

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I AM SOO MOVING TO CALIFORNIA.....

scott

Pretty stupid forgetting about the weed in his pocket. God, when traveling through airports I don't have crap in my pockets since I want to get through fast.

northern gypsy

legalize marijuana already !!! so airport security can focus on real threats...
added bonus would be morons like this guy would be ignored !!!

AnnieSH

Smoking is bad for you. Smoking is a disgusting habit. Smoking causes cancer.

Oh wait. That's cigarettes, isn't it? Smoking an illegal substance with no filter is good for you and is more acceptable. My mistake.

JOHNNY SUEDE

This is the problem with body scanners: We are looking for this, but found this.

croc

did he really think that no one would find the roach? hes a idiot..man they will find it if ya taped it to your balls..

Hep

How do you blow up an airplane with marijuana?

And, "legendary"???? That's like Skating with the Stars when they refer to Sean Young as a "movie icon."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments