Howard Stern: Five More Years with Sirius

12/9/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Howard Stern is sticking with Sirius.

Howard Stern Contract
With only four more days on his existing contract after this morning's show, Stern announced he'll stay on his Sirius/XM radio station for another five years -- and after that, he's done.

"I have come to the conclusion that the real innovators, the real geniuses are the people here at Sirius," said Stern, adding "I can say with almost certainty that this is my final five years on radio."

He didn't disclose how much he'd be getting from his new deal, except to say it was "very fair."

Stern also said the contract statuses of Howard's staff, which includes Robin Quivers, Fred Norris and Baba Booey are all still pending.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

joe

Good for him.

MobCounty

I miss East Side Dave.. Maybe they should have cut a deal to spread one percent of that, so the other shows could have some luxury items too... like producers?

KAM

SICK...THIS GUY IS TRASH....LOSER

I GUESS HE'LL HAVE A WIFE FOR AT LEAST 5 MORE YEARS....JMO

moveover

Good! Keep this moron on Sirius radio so the general population doesn't have to see or hear him. Great news.

Sono

Great...another 5 years of Stern being on vacation/re-runs just as often as he's actually in the studio. They should've just told him to go pound sand so he could've failed miserably with his internet pay to listen service and then come back to Sirius for a much lower price.

MobCounty

..I'd argue that Stern losing the 'edge' seems to be system wide symptom at Sirius. I remember some edgy bits on XM 202. ..Wasp stinging private areas just to name one.

I'd say give Opie and Anthony a try if your looking for more edge, also try Ron and Fez. Between all three, there is no reason to sit through a break of someones wife's cause. Hahah.

stu

peeps that pay for sirus=LOSERS!
hopefully in 5 yr's howie & his bimbo wife move to kenya.

LAWRENCE

LOL @ Howard Stern, nobody in the Midwest or West Coast cares for your tired act. Between you and your Jim Crow side kick Quivers you're legends in your own mind. As far as the numbers go don't fool yourself as satelite radio is now a regular option in new car purchases which is one of the major reasons why subscribers increased. Why don't they bring back the human pin cushion Artie Lange while their at it.

Beth

The best Howard Stern Show forum, artiefannetwork.com

Come on over and chat about the show

gitRdun

I don't think Howard is as good as he used to be when he was on terrestrial radio/E! TV. He went from getting sisters to make out with each other to guys sniffing each other's butts. Why does he think his demographic wants to hear/see that?

Sue

SOOO HAPPY!!! Howard is awesome!! All of you who hate him so much have never LISTENED to him! He's a really kind, thoughtful person underneath the persona. His staff and him are a family - one that all his listeners count on every day. We're so happy he'll be staying in our lives!!

Toasty J

Thank God!
I have 3 lifetime subscriptions for SIRIUS.
I listen to Howard every morning in my studio.
Great to hear...

Alan

I can't think of anything more banal than being a Howard Stern hater. Half of you just regurgitate the same old crap that others say about Howard and the other half are simply jealous of his talent and success. Howard is quite simply one of the greatest interviewers and entertainers of our time and I am thrilled that he has re-signed for five more years. Howard still gets A-list guests on his show and makes me laugh daily.

Linda

yay...i'm so happy...howard makes me laugh everyday and i'm a woman on the higher side of middle age. I think there are a lot more fans in my demographic than people think. I have been listening to Howard team since 1990 and will remain a fan to the bitter end.

www.hairclub.com