Mel Gibson's Church -- Shutting Down Mass Services

12/9/2010 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mega church is putting the brakes on all congregational services because of a picture that was taken on church grounds this weekend and then passed on to TMZ.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
Sources connected with the church tell us ... Gibson was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy." One source adds, "He is not just concerned that photos of his daughter were taken at the church, he is concerned for the privacy of his parishioners."

Members of the Holy Family Chapel in Agoura, CA received an email notice from church honchos yesterday which read, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."

Our sources tell us, however, that limited services will continue to be provided. In fact, a service was conducted yesterday -- the Holy Day of Obligation  -- for long term parishioners.

Babushka

I can't contribute this to Ox camp either. I think it was someone that needed Christmaas money. THAT was more important to them than the fact they were hurtng others. Period.

I feel so badly for Mel and his family. :( It makes be feel badly to be posting about this--Posting here services those that buy and sell pictures that hurt.

Posted at 10:00 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by Sam

I agree with you Sam. I hope that person can buy salvation with that 30 pieces of silver.

I often feel bad for posting on these threads. I am only interested in this situation because Oksana claimed to be Russian Orthodox who converted to Catholicism for Mel. That's the only reason I ever came to TMZ - to learn about the facts of this case, and to understand it. I often feel like I am trespassing in Mel and Lucia's life and it makes me feel badly. But it would make me feel WORSE if I did not speak up and say that I believe that Oksana is a gold digging skank who used religion to get to Mel and that we Orthodox believe she is everything Mel said she is. We support Mel as a brother in Christ, and do not like what is happening to him.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

maybe there are illegal activities going on at the church and thats what he is concerned about..some of those ummmmm churches are actually nasty nasty places where the work of sick evil twisted people are doing the devils work..hmmmmmm

Genna

Posted at 10:00 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by Sam

----------------------------------

I do as well, Sam. Gibson has always been fiercely protective and private about his family and personal life.

azlee

HUH?
_________
Am I the only one thinking the timing is suspicious??

Okay, just saying...Harvey just happened to be on vacation when the pic was leaked to TMZ.

I only say this because of what Mad Mel said before.

Harvey is a nice guy and Mel is an overpaid bully. I just hope the same things that were said (by Mel's team) before to be brought up now.

Posted at 10:11 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by Kelly

Shell

LOL..azlee, I wasn't sure what Kelly was getting at either.

Babushka

Posted at 10:19 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by MIDNIGHT TOKER

++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah? How's Satan these days? You must not be getting much tee-time on the golf course, what with all the Catholic Christian bashing and planting such evil seeds in gullible people's minds. Not to worry though. You'll have plenty of time for golf soon. We've read the last chapter of the Book, and that 19th hole is a real knee slapper.

ray

google earth for a close up view 30188 W. Mulholland Highway, Agoura Hills
nice diggs

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 10:19 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by MIDNIGHT TOKER
----------------------------------

ROFLOL! Take another hit of your bong Midnight Toker. A few more hits and you might be able to tell us exactly what evil things are occurring at the church.

BlancheDevereaux

Posted at 10:19 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by MIDNIGHT TOKER

from reading just some of your posts i think your post could describe your home.

azlee

HEY, wonder if the landscaper knows he has been forever frozen in time mowing the grass.

don't make me laugh

To even think such crap toker, lets us in your perv world,no thanks.Digging my eyes out just reading it.

don't make me laugh

The video was definitely a slam.

yo

BAD BAD TEAM MEL!

DON'T LEAK PICS ANY MORE TEAM MEL!

AFTER HE BOUGHT THAT CHURCH FOR YOU AND PAID YOU TO BE HERE, THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY HIM?

STOP LEAKING PICS TEAM MEL!

Oh that's right, he paid you to leak the pics too :D :D :D :D :D

GO GO GO TEAM OJ CHARLIE MEL!

Diana

Well, it was wrong of that parishoner, but it was also wrong of TMZ to buy the pic too!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Yo yo gagalot.