East Coast to TMZ: Kiss Our Ice

12/29/2010 5:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

While the East Coast was being crushed by snow, TMZ decided to share the beautiful West Coast sunshine with everyone live on the internet -- cue the hate mail!!
122810_TV_weather_web_v2_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Honest.Chick_83

LMAO I love this one!!!!

uncle_g1234

Right! Seems to me truth in advertising would have included pictures of the recent flooding, last summers fires, and the Northridge Earthquate (flattened apartment buildings). I'm sure the people in the East remembered all those pictures! Enjoy what you get because the bill will come due.

GRYFFINDOR!

Ahhh, home sweet home.

Northridge earthquake? That was years and years ago, why would the pictures include any damage from that? Although, the next one's on it's way and the Northridge quake wasn't even the dreaded San Andreas Fault quake. Eeeeek.

Oh well, we'd rather take an earthquake every 20 years instead of a yearly bashing from hurricanes, tornadoes, being snowed in (yuck)... and whatever other disasters the rest of the country has to deal with.

Maria

The view from the TMZ studios is sublime. My heart was melting yesterday as I watched TMZ Live, and the shots still could not capture the pure magic of Sunset as it winds through West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. It is truly a dreamy place which has to be seen and felt to understand its rareness.

Now, let's put this reality in perspective with the rest of Southern California and one comes up with a very bittersweet picture; and let's be honest in stating that the heavenly niches of CA which still perpetuate its myth are the evirons of the wealthy, which is a wonderful thing. This country and state should never fail to show appreciation for the very successful among us for they regenerate the economy, beautify our surroundings, and, more importantly, inspire us to dream.

However, the aura of Hollywood and the glorious weather of SoCal has lost its power to override the other "reality" of this state, a reality which has done a 180 to the negative. Crime galore which has infiltrated every neighborhood to a higher degree, the travesty of illegal trespassing which has severely compromised a socio-economic sense of balance, and a habitual lackadaisical adherence to complacency by its citizens which has enabled the nose-dive which has taken place.

As a semi-transplanted New Yorker, the East Coast does not take the cake for crime, unethical business practices, and out-of-control boroughs anymore. SoCal has now earned that "honor". On my very long list, I have yet to meet a Realtor here who does not lie to your face and no one cares. Back East, though some may try such manuvering, it will not be too long before everyone starts threatening and complaining. Maybe this is why New Yorkers have the reputation of being "not too nice", when in reality it is the mad and the brave speaking up all of the time. Well, I would rather others think me not too nice rather than dumb and lazy. When you look at the immense grave of problems here in beautiful SoCal, you can blame the constituents first rather than the politicians.

I do not hold much faith in the political far-left bent to rescue the dying golden memory which was CA. Now, for the most part, their voter block does not have the memory of it to value and a growing number of voters are much more interested in securing a new place for their entire family tree. May your balcony view be the last thing to ride off into the sunset. My heart breaks to think its wondrous inspiration may soon be a view from the past.

Please continue now and then to do TMZ Live from your glorious balcony. It may inspire me enough to forget the rest. Love TMZ LIVE!

Maria

And let me add additionally and on a more heartfelt last note to my previous post ~ California, with all its bad choices and delusional leanings, is still a place hard to leave. The majesty of its natural beauty defies the truth created lately at the hand of man, and it is this magnificent natural beauty which tugs at the emotions and makes us find hard to believe that what has happened to the state actually happened. The intellect says "leave", the heart says "no". A fated love story right out of the Hollywood in your balcony's view. Hurray for Hollywood, always.

Bozz

I love a good winter storm...screw your smog and sun. L.A. sucks.

Truth

WHEN IS THE NEXT EARTHQUAKE LEVIN??

gutsygirl

@ Maria.

I hope you are not sitting in a cubicle somewhere wasting that obvious talent for painting a picture using words: "A fated love story right out of the Hollywood in your balcony's view."
HIRE HER, HARVEY!!!

chris

COLD WEATHER MAKES YOU TOUGH. ANYONE THAT MOVES TO GET AWAY FROM THE COLD, IS A *****.

duh

TMZ is now a Troll?.... Looks like the bubble is bursting on TMZ's golden years.

Maria

@ gutsygirl

I meant every word and you are too kind. TY.

Tell Harvey and Crew I graciously accept the offer, and after they throw their papers of questions to the floor, they can count on me to pick them up better than anyone before! For TMZ it's "All for one and one for all!"

Spot

Harvey,

Great weather and view, glad you showed it!

There had to be something to offset a state where the judges and prosecutors were trained by the three stooges, where the state debt is over 20 billion dollars, where thieves are given celebrity status, and where vacations in a spa called rehab are the most common sentences for bad behavior.

Christy

Slow news week, Harvey??

DonnaLynn125

Nice views but S.FL near West Palm Bch and Oceanridge now that is really nice!!! Today getting warmer near 70 and next few days high 70's. Now that is reaaaal nice......

Michelle

From the cold East coast...I LOVE the outside TMZ Live! It is a nice reprieve from the view out my window. Keep it up!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments