'Golden Radio Voice' Guy -- Grounded in Ohio By No ID

1/5/2011 6:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 'Golden Radio Voice' guy -- who went from homeless to overnight Internet sensation -- is struggling to board a flight to NYC because he doesn't have ID ... according to his rep (yep, he's got one now).

Homeless Man Radio Voice
Ted Williams' peeps tell us Ted is currently at the courthouse in Columbus, OH trying to get a copy of his birth certificate.

Ted is supposed to be in New York tomorrow for an interview on "Today" -- but according to the rep he's been homeless for more than four years so he doesn't have ID ... and can't board a flight.

It's the first bad news Williams has had in 24 hours. He's gotten a job offer, a home offer, and a free trip home to visit his mom -- all because of the YouTube clip that went viral.

Ted's rep says having to reestablish identity is a common problem for the homeless. Let's hope someone has a plan B to get Ted to NYC.

puddinpie

God Bless the homeless all over the world. Best of Luck to this guy!

fargone

Hope to obama on that same corner in two years with his teleprompter and a sign saying "will work for slurpee's"

GeneL

This is a great story. This guy deserves a second chance at life. You can tell by the way he acts he's decent guy and I hope he gets that opportunity real soon. Cudos to the Today Show for showing him the way.

CCC

Not only does he have a great voice, but he has a great attitude also. He deserves a job just for getting off of drugs and trying to self-rehabilitate himself. But his voice is what it is all about. There are hundreds of jobs out there doing voice-overs and in radio. I'm sure he'll find a job real soon.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I think I got high with this dude once,he had a great voice and good reefer

Wishes

Is this Obama's brother??? Sure does look like him!!

jeff

His comeback should taste even sweeter considering how far out he was. Good luck!

kawika

I wish him the BEST. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance
Hope the TWINS hire him
Good Luck my friend....

pecker

he guy talks like he has good sense. the drugs and alcohol got him. but as long as there is life left in you, you can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make it. awesome story. i pray for his continued good hope and recovery. god is good.

Tellthetruth59

He does have an incredible. I wish him all the best! Great story!

TMZ dont like me

I'm all for more stories like this guy and less for people like Antonie Dodson, please....

Landon D

THIS is an excellent example of how great things can happen for people. I mean, what are the odds? This man has been absent from the spotlight for at least 4 years! He had the strength and courage to get sober while still being homeless! THAT is character! I am truly very happy for Mr.Williams! God bless him and the many many others who are and have been struggling!

Cartman

He seems like a nice Christian guy. I hope he does well.

barb

We all love a happy ending and there is so much negative crap. Good luck, may he be happy and prosperous !!!!

Caroline

VOTE for this guy for PERSON OF THE YEAR!!! Absolutely delightful. Great story, great voice, gave me chills. Rock on, man!