Catherine Zeta-Jones

Underground Star

1/6/2011 1:15 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

Oscar winner Catherine Zeta-Jones kept it real and took on the most unlikely role of her life in NYC this morning ... subway commuter.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0

The 41-year-old bundled up and took her adorable daughter to school via underground public transportation.

CZJ was in "Traffic," but she doesn't deal with it.

MSBlue

you should leave them alone. you can tell from the pic that she isn't impressed about the photog taking a photo of them.
They are going through a rough time anyways. let them be

KT fr CB

She looks like Mel's ex. So, I wondering how do you know for sure it is her? Her legs are too thin for CZJ.

Ladyblue

I can't help thinking how pre occupied she is in other things. Why didn't she put a hat on her child and try to hide her face? I always keep a tight grip of my children where ever I go, especially in busy cities!!!!
Posted at 1:01 PM on Jan 6, 2011 by Charlie

I'm pretty sure in the second pic her attention is taken away from her child by the photog taking her picture but you can't possibly know how much attention she was giving her kid (based on two pics) so quit being so judgemental.

Both mother and child are dressed appropriately for this time of year in NY. The kid is wearing a hooded coat and I'm sure she can put it up if she wants to, but since they're underground there's no need. As for keeping a tight grip on her child, the first pic they're sitting side by side on a train and in the second one they're standing side by side in the subway waiting for the train. She's not a toddler, I think she can be trusted not to run onto the tracks! Catherine is hiding her face for obvious reasons, her daughter isn't famous so why should she if she doesn't want to? They've probably made this trip many times so weren't expecting a photog to follow them on this particular morning, and I'm sure the papparazzi know their schedule because they spent so much time last year following Michael when he took his daughter to school.

I think everyone is entitled to some privacy in their lives, at least when they are trying to do normal things with their kids.

Ladyblue

Posted at 1:01 PM on Jan 6, 2011 by Charlie

Two pics and you claim she's pre-occupied rather than focusing on her daughter? I'm pretty sure in the second pic her attention is taken away from her child by the photog taking her picture but you can't possibly know how much attention she was giving her kid so quit being so judgemental.

No, she's not overdressed, those clothes are the norm this time of year in NY. The kid is wearing a hooded coat which she has probably chosen not to wear up because they are inside in both pics (but try getting her to wear her hood if she doesn't want to). As for keeping a tight grip on her child, the first pic they're sitting side by side on a train and in the second one they're standing side by side in the underground subway waiting for the train. Catherine is hiding her face for obvious reasons, her daughter isn't famous so why should she? Maybe she doesn't want to!

Of course the photog's know the family's schedule since they spent so much time last year following Michael when he took his daughter to school, so they can catch them whenever they want.

R

She's humbling. She probably does have a lot on her mind and to deal with. Her husband was/is/may be fighting cancer!!!! Geeez, cut the woman a break. And no, it doesn't necessarily have to be a professional photog. It could've been someone with a phone camera or camera.

My God people, think outise the box!!

Ginger

Okay, I'll buy that's winter wear in NYC but sunglasses too? Just asking because I'm from flyover country here in Oklahoma.

I also agree with everyone else that the children should be left out of it. You're right, they didn't ask for the fame, their parents did.

Bu

Her daughter is gorgeous!

that's crazy, i mean i lived in new york city for 17 years so i know how messed up the subway system can be and catherine-zeta-jones has plenty of money for her to take her daughter in a taxi to school in case she didn't want to rent a limousine for the ride, taxis in nyc don't cost that much and for her to risk something bad to happen is crazy, she is a multi-millionaire-Oscar-Winner, i would have not done it if it were me and my dauhter...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2