Drew Carey -- Bob Barker Makes Prison Soap?

1/7/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Drew Carey learned something new about former "The Price is Right" host Bob Barker -- he makes prison soap! Okay, maybe that's urban myth ... or not ... let's get to the bottom of this prison mystery.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Gloria Unread

Isn't there something a little sick in putting your name across a product that you *know* that people are going to be rubbing across their naked bodies?

Hugh Jass

Hey Harv, please bring back the TMZ Ringtones and add this Bob Barker ("watch your a.s.s!") jingle to the list.

Jon

Bob Barker's got His name on a ship full of hippies who like to disable ship propellers in the arctic seas potentially sinking/killing hard working men.
Find another way to stop whaling.
Disabling a ships propeller leaves it vulnerable to capsize.
Sorry,but my heart went out to the whalers on that one.

daughter of a sailor

Bob ya lost me on the Whaler's prop's. A ship and its crew are sunk if they can't make headway. The Edmund Fitzgerald was bad enough and it was just floatin' ore.

Its not dammit OK to murder people over animals~Find another way.

Phil McKracken

I agree with Hugh ... that was a GREAT jingle. Kudos to the author(s)

matthew vykydal

this is soo true! i used to use his soap in jail lmao, all honesty

Jon

A whale is not worth a human life.
A group of people who are projecting their emotional issues on whales or other animals to the degree that they would endanger human life need a check up from the neck up.
The men on the Japanese whaling ships have loved ones who depend on them.
NEVER EVER endanger the safety of a boat.I'm shocked the US coast guard hasn't brought them up on charges.
They filmed their little trick to disable the Japanese ship's prop.
WILL SOMEONE IN AUTHORITY PLEASE PICK THIS UP?

Casey

I spent a weekend in jail in South Dakota, where Bob Barker is from, and the toiletries we were provided in there were paid for by Bob Barker although the soap did not bear his name. the website may have nothing to do with it but you should look deeper into this story as Bob Barker does a lot of charitable things

Jen

This is so true my dad was in jail and said everything had his name on it from soap to the bed sheets!

David

Tracy

This is a true story! I was in a woman's prison in Gig Harbor, Wa. for 2 yrs. back in the 90's... we had them issued there. But it's NOT the same Bob Barker we were told.

Lindsay

I think he has his name on the hair brushes in jail too, my husband talks about his bob barker brush lol

fran

Actually not just soap, but toothpaste also. At least in the correctional facility I was in and from what I hear several others. And just so you know, it was the worst toothpaste and soap I have ever used, Thanks Bob!

Erin in NC

ok first off...the people on here claiming they spent time with Bob Barker (the one that actually makes the jail soap) are lying...The Bob Barker that makes the soap and the Bob Barker for The Price is Right are 2 totally different people...The Bob Barker that makes the soap was born and raised in Fuquay-Varina, NC...How do I know this?...Well I worked for him at The Bob Barker warehouse...in fact, heres the website www.bobbarker.com You can read all about Mr. Barker and his company in NC...just saying...

kathy

That little ditty at the end was so freaking funny! Thanks so much. I really needed that laugh!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments