Lindsay Lohan's Sober Mentor -- 'Inception' Star

1/10/2011 2:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE 9:37 PT: Tom's publicist just confirmed with TMZ that Tom and Lindsay do indeed know each other, have been friends in recovery and had dinner together. Although Tom is helping her, the publicist says he is not Lindsay's sponsor.

Someone is trying to plant an idea in Lindsay Lohan's head -- about how to stay sober -- and who better to do that than one of the stars of "Inception," Tom Hardy.

0109lindsay_lohan_tom_ford_tmz_getty_ex_2
TMZ has learned LiLo has struck a friendship with Hardy recently after the pair were introduced by mutual friends. We're told they even met for dinner one night last week.

Sources tell us Tom is giving Lindsay advice on how to stay sober and Lindsay is seriously listening to him. Hardy famously battled addiction early on in his career and has been sober since 2003.

No word on if a totem is involved.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Cartman

Who said Linds wanted to stay sober?

Carvey

"TMZ has learned LiLo has a struck a friendship with Hardy recently after the pair were introduced my mutual friends."

Introduced "my" mutual friends, TMZ? Great journalistic skills... Not!

HealTheWorld29

Well HOPEFULLY he can also turn her straight again.

gloday1

I wish her well and I hope she makes it.

Karren

Hopefully, he will be able to help Lindsay. Just hope that she is really ready & sincere about sobriety/staying clean THIS TIME! Would hate for Lindsay to bring him "down"! If nothing else, maybe Tom will be able to help Linds to stay clean until she sees that judge on Feb 25th.

Jackie

Was this "article" written by a three year old?....what do you mean by "my mutual friends"

syntanx man

I see the weekend staff still is lacking a proofreader.

mrspatrickcampbell

Tom is a scorching HOT homosexual!
Are there nude photos?

AADOCSKI

I can see some 13th stepping going on in the near future!!

JLS

It would be nice if this were true BUT, I have trouble believing anything that comes from this young woman. She has learned from mom how to lie.

I can't get past the past.

Katers

Well, I hope she DOESN'T make it. She's an arsehole with zero accountability. She's REALLY NOT PRETTY either. Ugh. Seriously, WHY would anyone want her to "make it"????

Katers

What an UGLY girl. Jeeze. Maybe she was okay looking in films 10 years or more ago, but - Holy Crap! She is ONE UGLY GIRL!!!!

Emm

Thank God that Lindsay is finally surrounding herself with positive influences.

As far as Sam, we all have to get along with our neighbors.

Peace to us all!!!

Bearcat34

I don't get where people find her soo attractive. She's OK, but nothing more than avg. Coked out nose and flaring nostrils. Haggard face that looks like 40 year old leather. Wrinkles under the eyes. And lets face it, Orange/Red hair and white (No pigment color) skin is cute when you're 5. When you get older it's just not attractive. The freckles and fried white skin is not cute and the horrid smokers voice just isn't working.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

she is going to date justin bieber,turn him into a real man

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments