'Idol' Top 40 Contestant

What's in a Name?

1/16/2011 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned one of the Top 40 "American Idol" contestants shares a name with a legendary R&B singer and works in the bar where one of the biggest names in country music was discovered.

Jackie Wilson -- whose namesake was a popular R&B singer of the 50s and 60s who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 -- works as a waitress at the Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar in Nashville, TN.

Wilson performs often at the bar -- every Saturday night, according to their website -- and it's the same bar where country star Gretchen Wilson was discovered.

Sounds like a recipe for success to us.

Googie

Can't tell by this video clip, but she sounds good. But since I can't stand Jennifer Lopez, I won't be watching American Idol to judge for myself how good Wilson is.

smb

Yeck re: this girl.

As for Idol, I love the new line-up, and look forward to a new season.

Truth

SINGS BETTER THAN J HO.. NOT TOO SHABBY, NERVOUS AND SHY. AFFECTS HER PERFORMANCE. THE SWAYING BACK AND FORTH IS MAKING ME NAUSEOUS. MAYBE IF THE BIATCH LOST 40 LBS SHE COULD STAND STILL A BIT. JUST SAYIN..

Johnny

First of all she cannot sing. Second Stop the bloody swaying you made me sea sick. Third loose some weight.

Baby Names

Very good articles ,it will help me for the good supportive info about the mobile website creations with free tools.http://www.mumzone.com.au/baby-names.php

Mark

Wow, what's the name of this song?

Lora McCoy

She has a decent voice. What I want to know is...Why the hell do people care how much she weighs?! First of all he doesn't look very big, and if she was, how would that affect how she sounds! Secondly, I have never heard anyone say Aretha Franklin would sound better if she lost weight! Why is it that white girls have to be toothpicks, and black girls/women can look like real people!?

James

Good voice. Phyiscal appearances and mannerisms are changed with professional coaching. I think we will hear more from her in the future. Stop bashing people because of shallow ideals of personal appearance in USA.

Vicky

I think she sounded good but we'll have to wait and see how she sounds with other songs. HOWEVER, the swaying back and forth is a habit she needs to lose. Terrible and distracting. It really does bother me watching the video....I have vertigo and watching home movies with too much movement makes me nauseous. So did her moving like that. I had to stop watching.

Misery

Nothing wrong with being a waitress. It's an honest living. It's more honest than being a tabloid journalist. So they had the same name Wilson. Big deal. And what's in a name really? Russell Peters' real name is Russell Peters. That don't change the fact that he's East Indian-- or that he's ugly.

frankiestage

Something tells me she's gonna have trouble remembering lyrics.

JoeP

She's a fat white girl, which is every black man's dream come true so what's the problem. You saw how the host was looking at her, like "My God you are the most beautiful thing my black eyes have every seen."

JoeP

I meant to say "ever" seen.

Wendy

It bugs me that she had to bring the paper up with lyrics on it. If she wants to be a professional she may want to memorize the words! Just sayin.

Lisa

I would just want to know what the hell is that girl Ashley from Springfield, Ma doing in here. She sucks so bad. We need Simon back he would have NEVER let her through to Hollywood. She is worst then William Hung or even Keith from season 1. I am from Springfield as well and everyone here makes fun of her and wonders what she is still doing here.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments