Regis Philbin -- I'm in Los Angeles!

1/22/2011 9:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fresh off his exit announcement from "LIVE! with Regis & Kelly," Regis Philbin and his wife Joy touched down yesterday in sunny Los Angeles.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
Reeg is in town to receive a lifetime achievement award tonight from the Radio and Television News Association of Southern California.

Truth

YET ANOTHER AWARD HE DOESNT DESERVE... JUST BECUZ HE'S OLD.

TRUTH!!!

Sandra

Who cares !!! Please go away Regis !!!!

Jack

Sandra, obviously you care because you took the time to read the story, click on the comment button and then post a comment. The irony is amazing.

Jodi

Lookin good Philbins! Reeg has done a lot for broadcasting. Give him his props.

Amanda

Dude the guy deserves the award. He's been working since the sixty's, did hundreds of great shows, makes the crowd laugh, is fun to watch, not to mention worked like crazy with who wants to be a millionaire & regis and kathy & regis & kelly(all at the same time), He's 80 and still working hard, & could've retired years ago but obviously loves what he does. Lifetime achievement? HELL YES, go Reg. (in case you're stupid & don't know what lifetime achievement means, its dedicating your whole life to a profession you love & getting recognized for doing so, thus making him, FULL DESERVING OF THIS AWARD)

mikey

His wife is Hott..............

sugaarloveouz

@@ great !
You can't own a small truck like that and sign a contract that states what the film is doing and claim not to know a thing.i agree that finding the perfect match isn’t easy, but you will find him or she when the right time comes.Every love story will unfold on it's own. Start your own wealthy love story for real at Richfriends.org-is meant to be the place to connect with beautiful and successful friends !

stu

grandpa quit cuz they cut is salary down to $10 mil. how dare they!
it's al ot of work to sit & fart for 1hr 5 days a week!
ur ratings r in the cellar reggie. they should have canceled u.

stu

just heard this overpd old fart quit cuz his salary got reduced to $10mil from $18=y he fired his agent.
ratings wise ur show is in the cellar. kelly is furious cuz she just found out he makes $8 mil more than her.
& u can't sing reggie.

jpierce26

I honestly think that Regis is tuthfully too old to continue doing the show. I wouldn't really say old, but has done the show too long. The only thing that really bugs me is his sense on entitlement to get paid a certain amount. I seriously love how they said that 18 million a year wasn't enough. Are you kidding me? I could live the rest of my life modestly on a million dollars period. Do you know how many people can be helped around the world on 18 million dollars. That is ridiculous. Yes even him should ave taken a paycut. There are people out there 1 paycheck away from losing their homes and living in a shelter. These celebrities get paid way too much. Spread the wealth people.

Sadiemay

This guy should have been a woman. He is such a Diva and totally not worth the 20 million he gets a year for this job. He has always been nothing more than someones sidekick. Kathy Lee was the reason that showed lasted long enough to bring Kelly on board.

ashley

I don't care what anyone says, I love Regis! He's given me numerous laughs over the years. There's really no need to hate on the poor ole fella. I wish I had a small fraction of his money because foreclosure is a beeeyatch!

a fan

What a great looking couple! regis you make me laugh and Joy well your a real lady! Thank you both for giving the industry some class that it lacks !

TMZ@Froggy.biz

He made 12 to 18 million a year and didn't like the pay cut. Greedy old fart.

stumpy

grandpa quit cuz they cut is salary down to $10 mil. how dare they!
it's al ot of work to sit & fart for 1hr 5 days a week!
ur ratings r in the cellar reggie. they should have canceled u.

Posted at 9:48 AM on Jan 22, 2011 by stu