Madonna vs. Lady Gaga -- It's On!

2/12/2011 9:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

If you noticed a similarity between Lady Gaga's brand new song, "Born This Way," and Madonna's classic track, "Express Yourself," you're not the only one -- seems the Material Girl has noticed it too!

Madge's official YouTube page was updated today with a 1989 live performance video of "Express Yourself" she did at the MTV Video Music Awards.

The two pop stars have never feuded -- Gaga has called Madonna a huge influence and the two even did an "SNL" sketch together back in 2009.

Listen to Madonna's song above and Gaga's song here, then we ask ...

oleman

Not a Gaga fan....she's exagerated, and tedious, when her "shock value" is gone, so will she!

Bippy

Does anyone really care?? They don't sound alike to me at all! Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do!

bring back recent posts

..all performers are influenced by others, ALL of them...the cycle is just continuing, I will say, don't even LIKE that gaga song...not catchy at all, at least xpress urself was..just sayin

Liz from Australia

Nothing Gaga has done has been original. She just likes to take something already done and take it up a notch in freakiness. Nothing about her is great. She is now blatantly ripping songs off, this will be the slow demise of a villian called Gaga. Nothing she can do can shock anymore, unless she comes on stage naked and finally shows everyone what she truely is. she will fade just like many before her. Good riddance I say.

Bippy

Oh My Gawd - where is GLAAD at!! Do they approve??

Tellthetruth59

Where do you think Lady Gaga got her meat dress? That was left over from Madge's last face lift and vaginal rejuvenation.

Lucky_130

Big surprise, almost all her sons are rip offs of 80's songs.
Poker Faces hook- Stolen from Dramaramas song Anything Anything
Papparazi- Mode used in Berlin's Take my breath away
Alejandro- Mix between an Ace of Bass rip off, and Madonnas Spanish Lullabye.
I could go on.

joey

I LOVE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE TALKING **** ABOUT THESES ARTISTS ! YET YOU CAME TO TMZ CLICKED THIS LINK AND SPENT TIME ARGUING AND TRASHING THESES TWO CELEBS~ WOW!!!! YOUR TOUGH!

Just Sayin

LADY GAGA IS NOT ORIGINAL.

Bippy

What next - they own the scales now that they used them?? & Since the words are in the dictionary - I guess it should be the Ciccone Dictionary rather than Webster's Dictionary??

anonymous

Madonna needs to just stop with this. She is must better than this. Lady Caca is no threat to you, Madonna. You are already a established Superstar/Legend.

bri22

they don't really sound alike besides the fact that they have a pop beat
If that's ripping off then in that case they are rip offs of Michael Jackson

Lisa

They didn't sound the same to me. But I like the Express Yourself song. I don't like the Born This Way song. Very Boring. But I agree with comment #7, that Alenjandro song was a ripoff from Madonna's song. This one isn't.

Bippy

Put the two B.I.T.C.H.E.S. in a ring and let them duke it out and have HARVEY as the referee!!! - MEOW!

S

...and everyone is just NOW noticing this??? She's been trying to one-up Madonna since the beginning. If it made Madonna famous, it will work for Lady Gaga. And we fall for it because we are all idiots. Damn. I hate that I like Lady Gaga.